What is the EO to carrier oil ratio?

Avaya

I have 8 oz Emu Oil as my carrier oil. I want to add lavender, cedarwood, tea tree, and Rosemary essential oils. How many drops of the EO's am I to use? I usually add like 50 drops each. Is this too many? Too few?

I am thinking of adding Ylang Ylang to the mix as well.

Avaya

I think that if 50 drops of each has been working for you in the past without any side effects then you should continue using 50 drops.

Avaya

Do a search online for recipes for hair growth using EO's and see how many drops EO per Carrier oil they suggest using.

Shimmerwink

PrincessAvaya said:
Thanks Princess! Thanks Avaya! :rolleyes: :lol:

Bumping for more responses!

:grin: :grin: you crazy! I was like what the shizzy is going on? I have no idea so I can't help you. I want to also start using some of this oils soon, do you buy them online or from the store?

Shawnee66

Princess are you adding 50 drop of each EO or 50 drops total? Ylang Ylang scent is a bit strong so you don't need too much.

JD's Mom

PrincessAvaya said:
I have 8 oz Emu Oil as my carrier oil. I want to add lavender, cedarwood, tea tree, and Rosemary essential oils. How many drops of the EO's am I to use? I usually add like 50 drops each. Is this too many? Too few?

I am thinking of adding Ylang Ylang to the mix as well.

Try this website. It has lots of good information on essential oils and carrier oils. You may be able to find what you are looking for.

http://www.aromaweb.com/essentialoils/default.asp

lala

According to author Kathi Keville, if your recipe is for a treatment or shampoo, you'd add 30 drops of EO per 2 ozs. of an unscented shampoo base or carrier. So your 50 drops in 8 ozs. is not excessive, and you can actually experiment and add more if you like. Her Scalp Treatment Oil for Dandruff for example, has 2 tbsp. of jojoba, ½ tsp. of carrot seed oil, with 22 drops of various EOs. HTH...