What God put together.....Hopeless!

syze6

I have lost all faith in marriages today. It is really a sad day when marriages are not honored and respected. There is so much cheating going on that marriage today is one big joke. No one respects marriage, and it is truly sad.

You have women who willingly cheat with married men and vice versus. Even marriages where two people are embedded in their walk with God, is ruined in today's world. My heart aches for the state of marriages these days. Sometimes I feel as if, marriage is so overrated these days.

Why even bother, when so much comes to tear it down. Why even bother when mates aren't committed. Why even bother when two people of God's marriages are attacked and failed. I am really venting right now but sometimes I feel the whole God and marriage thing is such a waste of time!!!

MSee

I am married and I respect my marriage and others. Yes I have seen some of the things you spoke of but I have also seen the blessings in both Christian and non-Christian marriage. God makes no mistakes but He in His goodness allows free will. Personally I choose to obey even if my husband isn't perfect. Frankly I'm not perfect either but by God's grace we seek to honor HIM and not just please ourselves (of course pleasure comes in the package:yep:)

In Matthew 19: 1-11 Jesus dealt with the harsh reality of the negative attitudes that is often seen in marriages. I hope you read it. I know another passage (can't recall the exact text right now) but God Himself was angry at how marriages were being taken lightly so I'm sure He understands your vent, but I dare say remember whose devinely orchestrated institution you are venting against. I repeat God makes no mistakes and I'm personally thankful for His 'goodness that leads men to repentance' when we mess up His plan.

Be blessed.

"What GOD has joined together, let no man put asunder." This is the formula that has worked for DH and I...GOD put us together.

Even though there have been other men, women, family and finances that have tried to come between us, The LORD JESUS is the glue that has kept us together. Our love grows stronger each and everyday.

Except for work, we're together almost 100% of the time. We never get tired of each other. I just hate that I was so desperate and allowed men into my life who neither loved The LORD nor me. I would've been spared so much heartache and pain if I only would've "sat my behind down somewhere" and waited on HIM!:rolleyes:

Please don't lose faith in GOD or marriage, for HE still causes people to become united together as one, in HIM. Committed couples don't get hardly any of the publicity that the lying, cheating connivers get.:nono: And though satan seems to be working overtime to destroy Holy Matrimony, those whom GOD has joined together will never be seperated from HIM nor each other.:yep:

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Girrrrllll, lemme tell you....

I, too, am happily married and still growing in the Lord and in my marriage. Honestly, I'd only wished I'd marry sooner/earlier in life! I'm one of those people who have been married for "less than five minutes". :laugh: But it's been the best decision I've ever made. My DH's parents were married more than 40 years - til death did they part, when his father died. My parents divorced when I was a teen and my mom got saved and couldn't get my dad to be. So, I have two different examples of marriage, and I believe if one party won't work on the marriage, it's doom to fail, whether they're both believers or not.

DH and I have recognized and agreed that one way Satan can attack the church is through Marriage - because it's a reflection of God's covenant with Man. :yep: It is truly sad not everyone takes marriage seriously or have God as part of their union, BUT WE DO! Don't lose heart in this wonderful way of living.. and don't be fooled, it is WORK.

God knows what he's doing.

Stay encouraged :Rose:

blazingthru

God will do great things for those who trust in Him. The reason why His "professed" people have no greater strength is that they trust so much to their own wisdom, and do not give the Lord an opportunity to reveal His power in their behalf. He will help His believing children in every emergency if they will place their entire confidence in Him and faithfully obey Him.
Marriage is a wonderful wonderful thing. Its the people who do not put their faith in God and look to God for understanding and know the scriptures, in the scriptures God tells us what Love is.
Corinthians 13
The Excellence of Love
1If I speak with the (A)tongues of men and of (B)angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a (C)clanging cymbal.
2If I have the gift of (D)prophecy, and know all (E)mysteries and all (F)knowledge; and if I have (G)all faith, so as to (H)remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3And if I (I)give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I (J)surrender my body [a]to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

4Love (K)is patient, love is kind and (L)is not jealous; love does not brag and is not (M)arrogant,

5does not act unbecomingly; it (N)does not seek its own, is not provoked, (O)does not take into account a wrong suffered,

6(P)does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but (Q)rejoices with the truth;

7(R)bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of (S)prophecy, they will be done away; if there are (T)tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

9For we (U)know in part and we prophesy in part;

10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

12For now we (V)see in a mirror dimly, but then (W)face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also (X)have been fully known.

13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is (Y)love.

ladykaya

Awe don't lose faith in marriage. If you do it is similar to following the laws of man. My husband and I are truly blessed to have found each other and want to be of equal yolk. People think we are weird to want to spend so much time together and to not want to do anything by ourselves. People think its strange but for them to say that I say this. You marry for companionship, procreation, and to do God's work. If were told we are combined to be one flesh why would we crave to be apart.

Now I understand their are times of nerves and anger but that is always resolved in a little loving ;) and understanding. Even though other people don't do right by marriage I'm sure your frustrations show that you long to be in the right one. Don't lose your faith in God, patience is the key to getting what God wants you to have.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
There are waay too many Christian couples out there who have love and respect for each other and their marriage, for anyone to lose hope in God's Divine plan for Man. God Himself thought: 'It is not good that man should be alone.' - Genesis 2:18.

While not everyone would desire marriage, I believe God will always fulfill the desires of and provide for the Believers who ask him for a mate. And for others, he simply provides that mate when least expected :yep:

Here's a great link to share
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qPEpdaJ5RE

Prudent1

I have lost all faith in marriages today. It is really a sad day when marriages are not honored and respected. There is so much cheating going on that marriage today is one big joke. No one respects marriage, and it is truly sad.

You have women who willingly cheat with married men and vice versus. Even marriages where two people are embedded in their walk with God, is ruined in today's world. My heart aches for the state of marriages these days. Sometimes I feel as if, marriage is so overrated these days.

Why even bother, when so much comes to tear it down. Why even bother when mates aren't committed. Why even bother when two people of God's marriages are attacked and failed. I am really venting right now but sometimes I feel the whole God and marriage thing is such a waste of time!!!
1. I agree, it is sad when marriage is not understood by the masses in today's world. :yep:
2.You can never know what is really going on in a relationship you are not in. We can speculate, we can derive conclusions but it is impossible to say of a certainty we know what is going on in someone else's marriage. So, only the couple will know the degree of their 'embeddedness' in Christ and consequently, they will have to give an account to him for their behaviors.:drunk:
3. I share your frustration/concern over marriage and the general mindset of the masses period. It really is sad to know a better way, a plausible working solution that falls on deaf but oh so intellectual ears:rolleyes:. You should not loose hope. God's way is not flawed nor has it changed. The players are flawed. There will always be failure for those who depart from his ways. This should not be a surprise. When you look at these ppl are you looking to ppl you have placed on a pedestal or are you looking to a flawless God? No one is the exception to the rule.:nono: As believers, we know how things end. When I start to get frustrated I remind myself that I am not sister super christian:hero:, I am not holy ghost junior, I am human. You are too. God allows us to feel just a smidget of what he feels. Imagine how seeing all of this makes him feel-yet he has not given up on us. He still beleives in us! :look: We cannot give up on our fellow humans.:nono: It is ok for us to take some time to recharge:charge: (and we should periodically)but I will not quit until I am dead:dead:. No really, I won't. I don't know how to:knight:. I remind myself that some water, some plant, but only God gives the increase. It is not his will that any should perish but b/c he didn't want robots in heaven, he will lovingly allow those who choose to do so to go straight to eternal damnation. It breaks his heart but they can go. Some will. The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. Pray ye therefore to the LORD of the harvest to send laborers into the vineyards.

"Committed couples don't get hardly any of the publicity that the lying, cheating connivers get.:nono:
True, true, true! The world loves mess. That's the same reason why the news is almost all only bad news, chaos sells. Mess sells! If MSM is the primary way we receive our news- Gawd help us!:nono:

I've made up my mind that I will finish strong. Hope you all join me...
2 Tim 4:1-8
1In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Keep ya head up!
P1

Crown

When I am discouraged by how things go in our times, I remember this story of Elijah.

19.9 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah? 19.10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away…
19.15 And the LORD said unto him… 19.18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him. (1Kg.)

Marriage is a covenant made by God and before the sin.

Adultery and fornication… Sins by believers, copies by non believers and falsifications by same sexes are made through the human story, but :

Marriage is powerful. And God is in control