What grew you hair fast?

SingBrina

Okay so what grew your hair fast? I am talking fast like some of you have hair that was to your shoulders and then the next year it was to your bra strap.... If your hair grew at least 6 inches in a year reply please :yep:

1. Products
  2. Maintenance

In March of 2008 I had my hair cut short to a fade with a LITTLE bit(1" if not less) of hair at the top. By Dec 31, 2008(I decided to flat iron for the new year) my hair was a past shoulder length in the back and the front was to my chin. I think I have pics actually, I'll go pull them from fb. Any who, I used the whole line of Elasta QP products faithfully. This was before the forums so I was just washing and conditioning my hair every other DAY and applying Prostyle to my wet hair for a style. lol. Simple as that. Definitely not a perfect regi but it did help with my length retention. My hair was not damaged or anything. I relaxed every blue moon- Probably 3 times

Products don't help me to retain all of my length. Using heat properly (using some type of leave-in conditioner or a heat protectant) and no more than once a month guarantees retention for me. I don't have my April cut in my fotki because I wasn't on my hair journey then so my starting pic is in June. So I would've been 1 or 2 inches shorter than my starting pic and I made it to mbl in a year.

Last edited:
In March of 2008 I had my hair cut short to a fade with a LITTLE bit(1" if not less) of hair at the top. By Dec 31, 2008(I decided to flat iron for the new year) my hair was a past shoulder length in the back and the front was to my chin. I think I have pics actually, I'll go pull them from fb. Any who, I used the whole line of Elasta QP products faithfully. This was before the forums so I was just washing and conditioning my hair every other DAY and applying Prostyle to my wet hair for a style. lol. Simple as that. Definitely not a perfect regi but it did help with my length retention. My hair was not damaged or anything. I relaxed every blue moon- Probably 3 times

WOWOOWOOWOWOOW!!!! Yeah I would love to see pics! Thanks so much for replying! That is awesome!!!!

Products don't help me to retain all of my length. Using heat properly (using some type of leave-in conditioner or a heat protectant) and no more than once a month guarantees retention for me. I don't have my April cut in my fotki because I wasn't on my hair journey then so my starting pic is in June. So I would've been 1 or 2 inches shorter than my starting pic and I made it to mbl in a year.

Wow MBL in a year! Where were at before MBL? :)

My pics are in my fotki. I would upload but they aren't saved to my comp. I may have been about an inch or two past shoulder length after my cut in April. I can't estimate my inches in my June starting pic.

OH! And low-manipulation. I've always had long hair because I literally never did anything to it. I kept it in the same bun or braids for weeks and hardly washed. This was before my journey but I can't say that my hair would've been long had I been messing in it. I manipulate my hair a bit more now but I still think it's pretty low. I've recently decided to wear braidouts every single day so I'll see how my retention is by the fall.

Last edited:
When I started my hair journey in fall of 2008 I was just coming past SL and in Dec. of 2009 I reached MBL....

Protective Styles,Supplements,Less Heat, Drinking Plenty Water,Working Out,Deep Condirtioners,and Co washes has help me alot with growth and healthier hair.

I use Nairobi and Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special as staple products, V05/Suave/Mane N Tail as co washes, I moisturize with whipped shea butter that has my favorite oils, and I seal with coconut oil or jojoba oil.

I only comb my hair on wash days with wide tooth comb and thats on wednesdays Co Wash days and Saturdays my full hair day shampoo and Deep Conditioning,through the week I use a paddle brush and my fingers on my hair and no comb.

I style mostly in roller sets,buns,braidouts,twist outs,bantu knots,pin curls, sew ins, phony ponys,half wigs, and wraps.

Supplements I take:Centrum Multi Vitamins in chewables, Hairfinity, and Fish Oil Supplements

Any more questions just ask and check out my fotki.

Sealing my hair with oil after moisturizing, no direct heat and PS helped me retain 7 inches in a year. Also, vit B12 is good for speeding up growth, my stylist was like :shocked: she had never seen so much NG on me before.

Before LHCF (amazingly), I met a type 4 WL sister who told me about Wanakee products. I was in college at the time - an adult, single mom living in family/graduate housing and didn't necessarily care about dressing up to go to class. I BCed and was shoulder length in a year & BSL/MBL in 2 simply keeping my hair under a silk scarf - what I now know as PSing. I got 6 inches+ per year including trims every 3 months. I was texlaxed though I didn't know the term then. --I washed/DCed once a week. Never any direct heat - always a rollerset & wrap. I would protect my ends w/Wanakee's ends cream & seal with her oil.

I was just telling someone that LHCF has been a help as well as a hinderance. I came on here & starting trying all types of things. Being natural. Now I have a curl. Sometimes I feel like I should just go back to what works for me.

Last edited:
Back