How fast does your hair grow - "normal growth?"

Whimsy

How fast does your hair grow?

I think mine doesn't grow 1/2 inch a month like the "average" I found my old pics when updating my album today and did a year comparison and I feel like it maybe grew 4 inches in the past year. I trimmed i think only 3 or 4 times this year too. :ohwell:

amwcah

Whimsy, I'm in the same boat. My hair grows very slow. I am 17 weeks post and I only have about an inch of new growth.:nono:

nappity

Interesting question- I don't know how fast my hair grows cause I cant really tell what the new growth is. I know it gets thicker first then longer. But for me to see the cumulative growth- I say it takes me 6 months for a growth that I can notice. I rarely blow dry and even more rarely straighten.

When I was a permie ( 8 years ago)- I think I had to go every 6 weeks. But I was taking birth control pills at the time and that really accelerated mt growth.

SmartyPants

Without growth aids and vitamins: 1/4 inch per month.

With vitamins (and water): 1/2 inch per month.

With vitamins and consistent use of growth aids: 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches per month.

BillsBackerz67

Im not sure. I think I get about 6-8 inches a year depending on the area of my head. My hair seems to grow pretty fast. I went from Shoulder length to APL in about 3.5 months.

Moroni

I normally get anywhere between 3/4 inch to a little more than 1 inch per month. I'll post my 6-week NG pic on my fotki sometime today. It's the best shot I've ever taken of the clear line between my relaxed hair and my NG, which looks about 1.5 to 2 inches.

kbody4

My grows 1/2 in per month. But now I'm taking iron supplements, Flaxseed Oil and Biotin. I'll have to wait and see if it makes a difference if I gain inches.

blazingthru

when using growth aids and drinking my water about 1/2 to 3/4 inch a month.

doing nothing but living it grows 1/4 a month. I hate that it grows so slow but I hate to take or do anything extra. I am going to try the sulfur again for the next three months and see what happens, well maybe. it will be two years in april and I still didnt' make it to armpit.

Lavendar

I get about 7-8 inches per year....I think I grow a tad bit faster in the warmer months, but on average 1/2" per month.

Dove56

1/2 - 3/4. My hair grows fast and even faster in the summer. Once I got highlights I was able to really "see" how fast it really grows. I got hightlights the first week in August I have 3 to 3 1/2 inches of new growth. With Viviscal it grows 1 inch a month. :yep:

dinaaike

1/2 of 1/4 of 1/2 of 1/2 of an inch a month :rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen: C'mon now! You know it's faster than that. You've gotta count the 1/4" pieces that end up in the sink and on the bathroom floor.

I've only recently started measuring. I can't be sure yet. :perplexed

Mortons

:lachen::lachen: C'mon now! You know it's faster than that. You've gotta count the 1/4" pieces that end up in the sink and on the bathroom floor.

I've only recently started measuring. I can't be sure yet. :perplexed

Girl my hair is so slow I'm surprised when I do see progress. I'm gonna get on that MN stat!