What heat setting do you use with your flat iron?

Chimma

I just ordered my hai, and I want to flat iron my hair. I've never done that before so I'm trying to make sure that I do it right.

These are the steps that I think that I should take:
1. Wash hair well with CON

2. Thoroughly condition the hair. Use a deep conditioner and hot olive oil for a few hours. Rinse out.

3. Straighten the hair temporarily- I want to try the coconut milk thing, so I will get a cup of coconut milk, a lime, and some coconut oil and apply to my hair for an hour and rinse out. Apply a leave-in (I have Aveda elixir) and an oil, like coconut oil.

4. Go to sleep and let hair dry w/ banding. (Is it bad to flat iron wet hair?)

5. Apply a heat protectant and a pressing creme like dudleys creme.

6. Flat iron on like 350 degrees w/ small 1 inch strands. Do you swipe it through quickly or do you take each strand laboriously?

I have 4b natural hair. I am doing it painstakingly the first time, because I want to do this right. Is there anything here that would not be recommendable?
And what temperature w/ the Hai would burn my hair? I want to know what temperature you use and how it works for you

inthepink

The heat setting on my Jilbere may not be comparable but I use 15 and I swiped through my hair twice. The first time, I get really close to my roots and pull through. The second time, I pull through but not all the way to my ends b/c my relaxed ends are straight anyway.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I set my flat iron to approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit. I pull it through three times rather quickly.

kitchen_tician

What about the setting for the CHI Turbo 2 inch iron?

the settings are:
low - 176F = 80C
med - 266F = 130C
high - 356F = 180C

Dolce_Dawn

I have a HAI and after experimenting, I am comfortable w/it being set at about 360-375ish. I have used it at its highest setting and have NOT burned my hair, but I think 360 works best for me.

I would NOT flat iron wet hair. I have no concrete proof that it is detrimental, however, I would err on the side of caution and just not do it.

I use quick steady passes while flat ironing, going about 3 times (passes). I think even one would do, but hey....

HTH

GinuwinesBoo

i do a med-high setting. everytime i flat iron my hair is damp. i usually towel dry and then let air dry for a hour or so then flat iron. but when i use that method it is crucial that i have grease on my ends. i usually do a slow stroke comb the peice then do another slow stroke. i loosen the grip when i get to the ends though because their more sensitive.