What I learned from LHCF

I learned that I love coconut oil and so does my hair. My hair loves moisturizer. Lots and lots of moisturizer. I also learned that just because I am a black woman, it doesn't mean that my hair is like everyones else.

If I had found this board while still natural, I probably wouldn't have relaxed, because from the ladies' techniques here I see why my hair wouldn't stay straight

Of course the beloved Pibbs 514

Kenra MC, Dominican, Italian, Spanish, Ayurvedic products-never would have guessed my hair loves these.

the importance of diluted shampoo and prepooing for me

sticking with what works for me and trusting the instincts I've developed

seamless combs-immediate difference in amount needed to trim

don't slack on the research: used a mn mix twice and I knew better than to try it without knowing about all of the potential side effects. I quickly checked myself, and got rid of it.

Reading threads here reinforces my belief that it is more important to get in tune with your own head so you can make the best choices vs. buying stuff based on raves. I grew up wanting to use the things that others I admired used, but never got the same results. I let my hair tell me how to pick things and as a result I saw improvement fast.

If I had found this board while still natural, I probably wouldn't have relaxed, because from the ladies' techniques here I see why my hair wouldn't stay straight

Of course the beloved Pibbs 514

Kenra MC, Dominican, Italian, Spanish, Ayurvedic products-never would have guessed my hair loves these.

the importance of diluted shampoo and prepooing for me

sticking with what works for me and trusting the instincts I've developed

seamless combs-immediate difference in amount needed to trim

don't slack on the research: used a mn mix twice and I knew better than to try it without knowing about all of the potential side effects. I quickly checked myself, and got rid of it.

Reading threads here reinforces my belief that it is more important to get in tune with your own head so you can make the best choices vs. buying stuff based on raves. I grew up wanting to use the things that others I admired used, but never got the same results. I let my hair tell me how to pick things and as a result I saw improvement fast.

I agree with the Dominican products. I've been using Lacio Lacio after many recommendations from LHCF. I've used it since around Feb, and I've never turned back. I would've never picked it on my own with the blond haired lady on the cover. I would've assumed it wouldn't work with my hair type. But it's a great domincan product. I love it so much, I'm looking into trying some of the other ones as well. I'm also going to try alter ego, which I believe is Italian and am excited to see how that goes. It's interesting how things you never thought of before, are so wonderful.

Back