What is a good retention methor for a TWA

Taina

A question to the all lovely ladies here that started their joruney with a very short TWA. What is best method for retention? I used to bun when i had long hair, but now i'm clueless. :perplexed

Bettina

When I had my TWA I used to baggy at night but if I could not I would co-wash and go in the morning-no tangles -no breakage. When my hair started growing out I used twists for retention and it kept my moisture in tact.

Nonie

I agree with Bettina. When my hair was about 3 inches long, I plaited it every night in as big plaits as I could get it into and then baggied for the night. In the morning, hair would be moist and easy to comb and not tangled and so styling was easy (eg pushed back puff using a friendly elastic). If you can cornrow, you can do sth like this so that you only have the back to plait at night and comb out in the AM. I'm all for less work. :giggle:

Miss AJ

twist outs and braid outs. i also spritz with leave in at night and rebraid/ retwist so the moisture and definition stays in my hair.

loolalooh

twist outs and braid outs. i also spritz with leave in at night and rebraid/ retwist so the moisture and definition stays in my hair.

Cosign. Also, finger or comb coils. Styles that minimize frizziness and tangles are good.

Miss AJ

i was doing flat twists but im an idiot and end up frizzing out the whole style trying to get rid of the parts lol so now i just grab and two strand twist.