When is a TWA no longer a TWA?

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I was having a conversation with my best friend the other day and we were talking about the stages of natural hair growth. She has been natural for almost three years and I recently BC in June after transitioning for almost a year.

I was asking her how long did it take for her to grow out of the TWA stage and mentioned that I was still in that stage also.

She laughed and told me I was way past the TWA stage? So, it got me wondering...what is no longer considered a TWA?

Attachments

• 10676165_10100355711759149_206646928113602680_n.jpg
    10676165_10100355711759149_206646928113602680_n.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 150

Subscribe

TWA=Teeny Weeny Afro.

From the pic it looks like if you stretched your hair you would be at least if not more ear length.

iVR

^^^what she said. When you can get a pony tail you're no longer in TWA stage...unless you have extreme shrinkage.

Smiley79

I agree with the above...once you get to the puff you have now entered into what many call "The In-between Stage" and what I call the "Eternity stage", lol. (Can you tell which stage I'm in now? smh

Stormy

I say when you get to neck length or 4 inches because that's an in between stage.

charmtreese

You can wait until the Afro mullet stage to know for sure. When your fro starts to hang downward in the back....:look:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 81

Sholapie

I have about 5 inches stretched but I am nowhere near being able to do a ponytail (I cannot wait until I can do a ponytail!).
It still feels like a twa because with shrinkage it still looks like one but I can also accept being in an 'in-between stage' because things have changed a lot since my fade days.