What is it about...

teacherjess

flexirods that have my hair looking the best it has in my whole life?:dinner:
I'm in love for real....lol.
I do a dry rollerset on gray flexirods...no setting lotion- all i do is put a generous amount of moisturizer on each section of hair, seal w/ castor oil, roll firmly in a semi- spiral method, and go to bed. In the morning, I have PERFECTLY formed moisturized curls with BODY to die for...I mean yall, my hair NEVER moves usually. I am currently 5 weeks post....and my hair bounces when I laugh, walk, or move! I will post pics at some point cuz i know you guys will ask...lol but I'm kind of shy and don't feel I have hair luxurious enough to publicly display yet.

When I roll w/ regular satin foam curlers, I get no movement and the results are no where near this good.I'd like to try these on wet hair, but I'm so pleased with the results on dry hair I don't want to stray!

Anybody else experience this with flexirods?

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Come on girl don't be shy, you can't start a thread about how fabulous your hair is and not show us...

LaToya28

Yes! I love my flexirods. My profile pic is of a dry set I did on purple rods. They are great on wet or dry hair and you don't have to worry about using a certain method to put them in...you'll have beautiful bouncy curls regardless! I have them in gray, purple, navy blue and red, but I haven't used the red yet.

ceebee3

I don't know how to use these things, I tried and my hair always looks a hot mess.

I need to check out some tutorials.

LaToya28

I just roll my hair on them like a regular magnetic roller, but I would like to learn how to do the spiral method too...guess I need to check out Youtube.

MizzCoco

I just bought some gray ones today, and i'm gonna attempt my first set tomorrow...OP, do you air dry first or do you blowdry?

teacherjess

I just bought some gray ones today, and i'm gonna attempt my first set tomorrow...OP, do you air dry first or do you blowdry?

I airdry completely, then lightly oil my scalp w/ castor oil every wash day. Then I apply moisturizer, seal w/ castor oil, then roll on the flexirods.

I haven't tried it on blowdried hair yet

TamedTresses

I have the small flexi rods and the jumbo ones. I used the jumbo flexi rods on my hair last weekend and it came out good. I used the jumbo satin rollers on Wednesday and they gave me bouncier curls than the rods did. I did it on dry hair and I used a moisturizer and a little setting lotion. Either way, I love them both, but the satin foam rollers are much easier to sleep in.

Do you do pin curls? My curls last forever when I do pin curls.

teacherjess

I have the small flexi rods and the jumbo ones. I used the jumbo flexi rods on my hair last weekend and it came out good. I used the jumbo satin rollers on Wednesday and they gave me bouncier curls than the rods did. I did it on dry hair and I used a moisturizer and a little setting lotion. Either way, I love them both, but the satin foam rollers are much easier to sleep in.

Do you do pin curls? My curls last forever when I do pin curls.

got my hair in pin curls right now. This is the second time ever trying pin curls. So far I like the results. I've found that they work well when my hair is already curled and set firmly. At the beginning of my HGJ I tried to pincurl on pin straight hair and it was a HAM.

TamedTresses

got my hair in pin curls right now. This is the second time ever trying pin curls. So far I like the results. I've found that they work well when my hair is already curled and set firmly. At the beginning of my HGJ I tried to pincurl on pin straight hair and it was a HAM.

LOL! I've never tried it on straight hair, but it sure makes my curls last forever. I just uploaded my avatar pic. It's the set I did on the satin foam rollers. I love curls!

Last edited:

shtow

Yup I do a dry set nightly with no product and the curls stay! Even if I skip some nights rolling I still have curl. I curl my hair with the flat iron and then set with the rods, and I am set for curls for 2 weeks!

NikkiGirl

Oh, can't wait for pics. I have always wanted to get some of these. I am glad these are working for you. I saw some pics on a fotki of a lady using them just on her ends and she had the prettiest curls. I will have to get some.

darlingdiva

flexirods that have my hair looking the best it has in my whole life?:dinner:
I'm in love for real....lol.
I do a dry rollerset on gray flexirods...no setting lotion- all i do is put a generous amount of moisturizer on each section of hair, seal w/ castor oil, roll firmly in a semi- spiral method, and go to bed. In the morning, I have PERFECTLY formed moisturized curls with BODY to die for...I mean yall, my hair NEVER moves usually. I am currently 5 weeks post....and my hair bounces when I laugh, walk, or move! I will post pics at some point cuz i know you guys will ask...lol but I'm kind of shy and don't feel I have hair luxurious enough to publicly display yet.

When I roll w/ regular satin foam curlers, I get no movement and the results are no where near this good.I'd like to try these on wet hair, but I'm so pleased with the results on dry hair I don't want to stray!

Anybody else experience this with flexirods?

Girl, please!!! Show us those pics!!!:yep::grin::yep::grin:

LushLox

Yeah I love flexi rods. I actually prefer doing them on dry hair rather than damp. They don't last as long though but I like the curls to be more looser and softer that you get when rolling
on dry hair.