Rollersets with FLEXIRODS?

2cute2B4gotten

Does anyone here use flexirods for their rollersets? The reason I ask is because my rollersets are still a bit wobbly and my rollers start leaping off when I try to put my helmet on to dry my hair...:lol:

I have some of the purple flexirods and just saw the larger red ones in Sally's and wondered if this could be my next route. TIA

Girl, flexirods saved my life!:lol: I love them. I have a flexirod tutorial in my album if you need it.

You may not be putting enought tension on your rollers that may be why they keep falling out. I have been doing my rollersets for over 5 years and I still haven't mastered it, but I always get good results. I wanted to know how a hairstyle would look on me using flexirods. I saw them at Sally's as well but they are a little expensive. They are 6.99 for a set of 5:eek:

alexstin said:
Girl, flexirods saved my life!:lol: I love them. I have a flexirod tutorial in my album if you need it.

I just looked at your tutorial...very nice set. You didn't mention if you air dry or sit under the dryer. How long does it take to dry?

Thanks!

Yeah, flexirods are expensive. Rollersetting trick: If you want to get the same spiral set results like you get from flexirods try this. When you remove your rollers (any kind) remove them in a downward spiral and your curls will take the same shape. Also, you can use rods (perm) and roll your hair from the end in a spiral pattern. Roller will hang down instead of laying flat like regular rollerset. Same result!

I usually airdry so they're in my hair alllllll day(about 10 hours). Under the dryer on medium heat takes about 2-2 1/2 hours. Thanks for the compliment.:)

You know, you can get flexi rods for a cheaper price at the BSS (excluding Sally's) for like 3.99. There's this BSS in Nashville that sells the long flexi rods for 3.99 and the shorter ones for 2.99. The only thing is that they don't have the larger ones (purple, burgandy, and up).

I can't wait for my hair to get long enough so that I could have long hanging curls like Alexstin.

I have to say that the larger shorter flex-rods are easier to sleep in than any other rollers (except satin foam) too.

I just did a flexi set last nite! Just wanted to add if hair's not wet enough it make your life a LOT harder. Also, sometimes I'm too tired to sit under the dryer for long. So after about 30 minutes under the dryer, I'll let them air dry the rest of the way and sleep on them :)eek: -- I know).

TSUprincess04 said:
You know, you can get flexi rods for a cheaper price at the BSS (excluding Sally's) for like 3.99. There's this BSS in Nashville that sells the long flexi rods for 3.99 and the shorter ones for 2.99. The only thing is that they don't have the larger ones (purple, burgandy, and up).

I can't wait for my hair to get long enough so that I could have long hanging curls like Alexstin.

I have to say that the larger shorter flex-rods are easier to sleep in than any other rollers (except satin foam) too.

I have yet to find some satin foam rollers, where do you get them?

I have 2 sets of Satin Foam ones. I got my first batch from Wal-Mart; they're by Hype Hair. The 2nd batch, I bought from a local BSS; they're by Annie.

I've seen some beautiful flexirod sets here! I'm transitioning and really getting a lot of new growth. Because I don't want to big chop, I'm definitely going to invest in some flexirods!

One question--should you not sleep in them? When I do a normal rollerset, I wash my hair, roll it, cover it, and go to sleep and get beautiful curls in the morning. Should I not do with in a flexirod set? I haven't used heat in 4 months and don't plan to anytime soon, so sitting under the dryer is out. I guess I'll just let them airdry!

Flexirods are higher at Sallly's but with a card you get them for $5.99 a pack and you get 10 in a pack. At the BBS store it's about $3.99 for a pack of six. So if you buy at least at least three packs it balances with the BSS prices, it actually better b/c you get more rods for less.

I have a new flexi-rod pic in my album. This is my style for a while. I used smalller orange ones, blue and red ones for my set. This last time I used Tresemme 4=4 styling glaze and my set is still holding. It's been a week!! My co-worker with long hair told me about this stuff. This is the only way she wears her hair and it's thick and at least to her bra strap. This style is a keeper!

Kandegirl,

Lookin good! One thing I love about flexis it that they are so easy and it's hard to mess up.:D

Back