WHAT IS THE HARDEST LENGTH TO GET?

My hair sort of handled it self from my cut to NL down to APL

it's moving past APL that is a beast! I have been APL for about 6months, had to trim away splits and get my hair in line

I am progessing and the nape is BSB and almost BSL after about 2months of S&Ds and upping my protein.

I *think* it's APL. From what I've seen on the board, that's the biggest one I see people struggling with.

I can now confirm that APL was a beast to get to. It took me a year to get there from full SL.

I don't think BSL will take nearly as long since it's 4" from APL while SL to APL is at least 6".

Good luck to all!!

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF

I think APl was easy peasy. But getting to BSL is now an issue. I had major setback due to postnatal shedding and I had splitends that appeared literally over night. After a CUT, my longest length is APL and I am CL to CBL in other areas :-(

When I was relaxed, SL to APL took me one year, and that was with frequent flatironing, blow drying, and wearing my hair out everyday. Maybe natural it'll be a bit quicker? Maybe? MAYBE?!?!!

I'm currently on the journey from SL to APL!! Thought I would be there by January of this year but I had some set backs from wet setting (braid outs and twist outs). Too many tangles caused some breakage. So know I'm rollersetting, doing protein treatments every 6 weeks, pre-pooing my ends weekly with reconstructing conditioners, oil rinsing, and bunning. I'm grazing APL finally!!

I guess I don't really think about the back of the head length. (I really want my front to be full shoulder length.

I guess that's Full BSL????

I began exp hair loss and I'd get within an inch of waist length. So without the HL I'm sure I would have been waist length.

Now the HL is worst so MBL is harder to get to. Once I straighten out these hormones I'm sure WL will be a cinch.

I want this length. What is this considered? Clearly here it appears to be shoulder length, but when stretched is it BSL?

Attachments

• lorensafro.jpg
    lorensafro.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 54
I would say apl to bsl. On me its about 6 inches apart. Sl to apl is a little more than 2 inches. I think I'm there now but I've been psing since January so I'll know in September.

I want this length. What is this considered? Clearly here it appears to be shoulder length, but when stretched is it BSL?

That's funny. I work with her. :yep: I wonder if she knows she's on this board.

I've never seen her hair stretched. I'm not sure if it is BSL but if not is is close. She has stop traffic hair. I remember the 1st time I saw her, she was wearing her hair out and crossing the street. I'm pretty sure I turned all the way around.:lol:

That's funny. I work with her. :yep: I wonder if she knows she's on this board.

I've never seen her hair stretched. I'm not sure if it is BSL but if not is is close. She has stop traffic hair. I remember the 1st time I saw her, she was wearing her hair out and crossing the street. I'm pretty sure I turned all the way around.:lol:

How could she know? I just posted it! :grin: You can tell her...I love her hair! She is my hair idol. :love:

I can now confirm that APL was a beast to get to. It took me a year to get there from full SL.

I don't think BSL will take nearly as long since it's 4" from APL while SL to APL is at least 6".

Good luck to all!!

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF

yes it was a beast:wallbash:looking back i hovered around apl for over a year!

It has gotto be APL. I'm about an inch or so away, and I swear it's felt like I'll never get there!! I grew my TWA to SL so fast, I didn't even realize I was already there. There's just such a huge gap between SL and APL on my body...feels like I'm climbing a mountain :(

I just noticed for the first time today how close BSB, BSL and even MBL are to APL on my body, so hopefully I'll coast through my next couple of goals :grin:

And Skiggle - I nearly DIED reading your siggy :lachen::lachen: SO TRUE!! :lol:

@faithVA - Girl, I would love that hair. If you saw it that long ago...it must be longer now!

I saw her last week. She doesn't wear her hair out much during the cooler months so I can't tell how long it is now. And with shrinkage even if she was HL I'm not sure I can tell.

But summer is coming so she is due for some out days soon.

bajandoc86

THANK you!!! Sometimes when your covered in food from the kids and your husband makes a giant mess and you've got a pile of undone laundry and dinner to make, a girl needs a pick me up and that made my day. :)

Shoulder length is the hardest for me to get since being natural. I've been chasing it for years! I don't know what to do now...I'm tired... :sad:

The easiest length for me to achieve is SL I can get there without even trying. From SL to APL took a long time and a lot of work so my vote for hardest is SL to APL. Ive heard many ladies say that APL is a big hurdle then achieving longer lengths after that is easier I hope this is the case BSL is my next stop

@bajandoc86

THANK you!!! Sometimes when your covered in food from the kids and your husband makes a giant mess and you've got a pile of undone laundry and dinner to make, a girl needs a pick me up and that made my day. :)

Are you sure that's not a wig? Perfect hairstyle! And you look like a cross between Keri Hilson and Ciara.

Back