What leave-in does your Dominican stylist use on your hair = bouncy and shiny hair?

kiesha8185

Ok, I'm about to order my Pibbs 514 to start rollersetting my hair. I think it's healthy enough for indirect heat at this point. For those of you that frequent Dominican salons, what leave-in (s) does your stylist use that gives you shiny and bouncy hair?? The Dominican stylist I went to only put some Silicon Mix conditioner in my hair and that's it :ohwell: I saw another stylist putting a vial into another girl's hair and she left with the bouncy and shiny hair that I wanted! I'm trying to replicate the Dominican rollerset at home and hopefully the right products can help me achieve that. I know about Lacio Lacio, Salerm, and Nacidit....but are there any others???? Thanks!

Nonpareil

Re: What leave-in does your Dominican stylist use on your hair = bouncy and shiny hai

I use Silicon Mix (the rinse out) and for leave-ins, either Lacio Lacio, Salerm, Silicon Mix Leave-In or Bello k Bello.

OneInAMillion

Re: What leave-in does your Dominican stylist use on your hair = bouncy and shiny hai

Mine use Salerm 21 or Sedal Keraforce as leave-in's.

PuffyBrown

I use Silicon Mix (the rinse out) and for leave-ins, either Lacio Lacio, Salerm, Silicon Mix Leave-In or Bello k Bello.

Where do you get the Bello k Bello?
I dont think I have heard of this one.

MuslimahTresses

I've tried Silicon Mix and Lacio Lacio and I still can't get that shine, but they did make my hair bouncy.

gabulldawg

Can you find Dominican leave-ins at BSS's?

SleekandBouncy

Alter Ego hair food or something like that, food something.
Other times she the leave in I bring with me, Salerm 21 (love).

MissLawyerLady

Alter Ego hair food or something like that, food something.
Other times she the leave in I bring with me, Salerm 21 (love).

Do you think its AG Fast Food Leave-In Condition? I starting using Fast Food b/c I heard its used in Dominican salons. It's okay. I recently ordered Lacio-Lacio, so I'll soon see which one is better for me.

LABETT

I've tried Silicon Mix and Lacio Lacio and I still can't get that shine, but they did make my hair bouncy.
Try adding Alfaparaf Semi-Di-Lino Essential Shine Oil(blue vial) to your Silicon Mix conditioner and apply a small amount after styling your hair and should get great shine.

The Girl

does the salerm smell really fruity? I have the Silicon mix leave in and the smell is very "loud". I didn't get a chance to see the leave in but it smelled very yummy.

SilkyandSmooth

does the salerm smell really fruity? I have the Silicon mix leave in and the smell is very "loud". I didn't get a chance to see the leave in but it smelled very yummy.

Not at all. Salerm's scent is kind of hard to describe but I love it....I love Silicon Mix but its scent started to get to me after awhile. I haven't used it in months.

imstush

Do you think its AG Fast Food Leave-In Condition? I starting using Fast Food b/c I heard its used in Dominican salons. It's okay. I recently ordered Lacio-Lacio, so I'll soon see which one is better for me.

Same here, AG, Nexxus Headress, Folicure, etc.

shortt29

AG Fast Food, Sedal Ceramidas, Salerm and Lacio Lacio are the leave ins in my rotation at the salon. For shine, I ask my stylist to add a drop of evoo to her hands and mix it in with the leave-in.

lejardinier

Alfaparf or Alter Ego. She also puts in any leave-in I bring and I love Lacio-Lacio or any leave-in from Italy.

MuslimahTresses

Try adding Alfaparaf Semi-Di-Lino Essential Shine Oil(blue vial) to your Silicon Mix conditioner and apply a small amount after styling your hair and should get great shine.

thanks for the tip.

tenjoy

lacio lacio

kiesha8185

Thanks so much for the recs, ladies! I'm on Sickbay going crazy :grin:. I'm self-relaxing for the third time on Saturday, so I'll post pics to show my update! I'll let you know which leave-in I decided on using. Thanks again!!!