What lenght am I ?(and other random questions)

Kindheart

Judging from my Fotki pics what lenght am i exactly ?
I m planning on joining a challenge not sure which one would be really beneficial for me ..
My hair type is 3b ,transitioning +heat damage I ve had 3 hair cuts this year to cut off the relaxed ends I plan on trimming in aug and cutting 2 inches off in october depending on how long my hair is ,my ends seems very healthy no split ends ,however on the top layer i can see damage caused by heat styling and color.Should I trim my top layer only then?(in aug i mean).
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Triniwegian

I'd say you are right at APL.

I think you will yield a lot more responses it you add your pictures in your posts.

Ijanei

i do i do that ?:sad: I m new around here i tried to put up the pic by coping the link but the pic didnt upload

you can attach them directly in the message where it says attach or you can add the url to where ur pictures are from the pic icon at the top of the message post...(I think I worded it correctly)

and yea it looks like apl or a lil below

Kindheart

you can attach them directly in the message where it says attach or you can add the url to where ur pictures are from the pic icon at the top of the message post...(I think I worded it correctly)

and yea it looks like apl or a lil below
thank you so much ,u re a star:yep:

Kindheart

Sorry I am weary of fotki ( gave me a virus one too mant times) so I cannot comment on length.

Trim only what's necessary when necessay. JMHO

Try the no heat challenge or dc challenge.

HHJ
thanks for that ,so perhaps i will only trim the top layer for now and let the rest grow a bit longer before cutting it off .

Kindheart

thanks ladies yall gopt me all excited now ,lolol atleast i can say im officially APL !yay! i ve notice a growth sprout in the last week or so ,if by october i reach BSL i m def gonna sn!ip a bit of those ends off .
Off to look for challenges ,the DC and No heat ones as suggested seems a great idea

Nonie

It does look like APL even though we cannot see the armpit of your lowered arm, which IMO gives a more accurate image. :yep: I try to show the difference in position between raised arm and lowered arm below. In your case a lot of your strands seem to be a little past the raised armpit, so I'd guess you are truly at APL. IMO if your hair just touched the raised armpit, it'd have a inch or two to reach APL:

Attachments

• APL looks different when arm is up from when arm is down.JPG
    APL looks different when arm is up from when arm is down.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 16