Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
trinigul said:
That's right! No resume needed.
Co-signing with JuJuBoo and trinigul. Once you have asked for forgiveness and turned away from your sins and wrongdoings, God has forgiven you AND has forgotten what you have done!!! Through prayer and living more Christ-like and many other things God commands us to do, we can strengthen our relationship with Christ.;)

cocoberry10

The main thing that makes me a Christian is my Relationship with God. He has shown me His love and mercy and presence in so many indescribable ways.

I was raised a Christian, and continue to follow this today, however, it is my relationship with God that makes me a Christian. I go to church, bible study and decided on my own to be baptized at 11.

After being baptized, I really felt that God began to show himself to me. I was in the 7th grade when I was baptized, and that's when a lot of kids start going down the wrong path. However, He protected me from so many things, yet He never stopped blessing me or showing me His love.

I was surrounded by kids (of all races) who started drinking, smoking, smoking marijuana and experimenting with drugs. But He protected me from all of these things, and I feel blessed today because of it!

BerrySweet

I'm a Christian because I have a relationship with God, read/comprehend/understand/apply the Bible to my life, try to live following his word, have accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior and attend service on a regular basis.

When I was younger, I thought Jesus was magic. My Mom told me Jesus is everything you need, so I interpreted this as him being magic-so I prayed for a music career and to go on tour.

My decision to be Baptized came from the pressure of the Church. It's a small Church of about 10 (15 on a good day) and I was the only one not Baptized. Oh yea, everyone except for my Mom was 60+. So they were basically mean old people. One day I came just with my grandmother and little sister, and the female usher left her post to ask me if I needed her to hold my sister while I went to the Alter Call. After that I decided to get Baptized so that I could get these people off my back and have my magical music career take off.

Weeeelll things didn't work that way, and I because disillusioned with the Church-and strayed (but not far) from the Lord.

I recently came back to the Lord after watching my friend's conversion to Islam. Her reasoning was this she never understodd Christianity-I didn't believe that for a second. So I re-devoted myself to the Lord. I've started rreading the Bible, attending services, and praying multiple times daily, and more importantly living a Christian life.

My goals are to finish the Bible completely-and be able to comprehend it AND QUOTE IT.

One question though, should I be re-baptized?? I've been struggling with this for awhile now. When I was baptized initially, it wasn't for the Lord as it was to save myself.