What my hair has been up to lately.... PICS

missbritt1986

Hey ladies,

I've been trying new things with my hair lately & I wanted to share some stuff with you. I have a LOT of hair & even though it's relaxed I dread detangling because it seems that I lose a lot of hair. Maybe the size of a half dollar. Most of it looks like shed hair & no matter how gently I detangle or what conditioner I use, hair will be in the comb. Even when there's not so much hair in the comb when detangling, the next day when I brush my wrap down it's coming out. Trust me when I say that I have obsessed about this & have tried EVERYTHING known to man (within reason). So guess what? I'm over how much hair is in the comb. Just focusing on what's on my head. And there is a LOT of it. Thanks to Traycee too! I watched her detangling tutorial on YT & I saw how much hair was in her comb & I realized that I was normal. :yep:

My aunt just recently had 3 inches cut off of her hair & she & her friend were trying to convince me to get a trim. (1 inch?) I said hell no. Excuse my french. :blush: She had some damage due to frequent heat styling & I've never seen a drop of oil on her head. It wasn't that bad though really. See through ends. Maybe she needed a 1 inch cut. Anyway, I dust my ends every 3-6 months & I go through great lengths to keep my ends healthy, so I don't have very many splits. She argued with me saying I was going to lose my hair if I kept this up. And I needed to trim after every relaxer. :lachen:
NEVER. I believe her current stylist has brainwashed her. Talking about how bad box perms are & so forth. She tried to tell me about chelating & protein & I was like yeah, I've been trying to tell you about that for almost a year now. :look: My Keyshia Cole relaxer & drugstore conditioners work wonders for me. It's so true that chemically treated hair requires more TLC & if you want to relax then you should be prepared to baby your hair. Anyway, on to the pics.

The first time I took a pic of my length in Dec:

Picture0048.jpg

Today:

Picture0167.jpg

Birthday hair (I barely use a curling iron so this was new to me) :

113.jpg

And my first attempt at a bantu knot out on damp hair:

088.jpg

And on dry hair:

Picture0163.jpg

I never take pics of the back of my head because it's too hard. :nono:
But I did take one a while back & maybe during the summer I'll take one & post a comparison. Thanks for looking. :grin:

Very nice. I can definitely see the growth and I think that you did a good job with the bantu knots!

Your hair looks great and its growing! Congrats!!

BTW - A 1/4 trim after every relaxer (following a 12 week stretch) is one thing, but 1 inch, you'll have NO hair, lol! Keep doing you.

Very nice growth...Very pretty!

Hey ladies,

I've been trying new things with my hair lately & I wanted to share some stuff with you. I have a LOT of hair & even though it's relaxed I dread detangling because it seems that I lose a lot of hair. Maybe the size of a half dollar. Most of it looks like shed hair & no matter how gently I detangle or what conditioner I use, hair will be in the comb. Even when there's not so much hair in the comb when detangling, the next day when I brush my wrap down it's coming out. Trust me when I say that I have obsessed about this & have tried EVERYTHING known to man (within reason). So guess what? I'm over how much hair is in the comb. Just focusing on what's on my head. And there is a LOT of it. Thanks to Traycee too! I watched her detangling tutorial on YT & I saw how much hair was in her comb & I realized that I was normal. :yep:

My aunt just recently had 3 inches cut off of her hair & she & her friend were trying to convince me to get a trim. (1 inch?) I said hell no. Excuse my french. :blush: She had some damage due to frequent heat styling & I've never seen a drop of oil on her head. It wasn't that bad though really. See through ends. Maybe she needed a 1 inch cut. Anyway, I dust my ends every 3-6 months & I go through great lengths to keep my ends healthy, so I don't have very many splits. She argued with me saying I was going to lose my hair if I kept this up. And I needed to trim after every relaxer. :lachen:
NEVER. I believe her current stylist has brainwashed her. Talking about how bad box perms are & so forth. She tried to tell me about chelating & protein & I was like yeah, I've been trying to tell you about that for almost a year now. :look: My Keyshia Cole relaxer & drugstore conditioners work wonders for me. It's so true that chemically treated hair requires more TLC & if you want to relax then you should be prepared to baby your hair. Anyway, on to the pics.

The first time I took a pic of my length in Dec:

Picture0048.jpg

Today:

Picture0167.jpg

Birthday hair (I barely use a curling iron so this was new to me) :

113.jpg

And my first attempt at a bantu knot out on damp hair:

088.jpg

And on dry hair:

Picture0163.jpg

I never take pics of the back of my head because it's too hard. :nono:
But I did take one a while back & maybe during the summer I'll take one & post a comparison. Thanks for looking. :grin:

Back