what product I need for finger coiling

Nadege

I need help on the type of products to use on my hair (90% 4B and 10% 4A--short hair) before finger coiling it. As of a week ago, I used Miss Jessie's butter cream :yep:. It does wonder for my coils but leaves my hair heavy and creamy (the product easily transfers to my hands when I touch my hair after it is dry). This past Sunday, I tried "hair Rules". I did not like it even though the coils were ok it left my hair dry:perplexed.

I am thinking about just using Shea butter to coil it and use alcohol free gel to seal the end (the idea came from Youtube).

my prefer regiment and current one is to finger coil it on Sunday then wear a coil-out style from Monday to Sunday.

Any better ideas? Please help!!!:wallbash:

Thank You:yep:

Last edited:
" I am thinking about just using Shea butter to coil it and use alcohol free gel to seal the end (the idea came from Youtube)."

That's exactly what I was gonna tell you to do. I know that some mix the 2 (mixing shea and aloe vera gel) to make "shealoe". it's got a soft hold and once you mix it, it has a frosting consistancy. I like it, but you MUST have a light hand with it otherwise, it might be too greasy for you. I have also use ORS Lock and twist gel mixed with a little coconut oil and that works great too. Very soft hold and if you only use a little coconut oil,it does not leave your hair greasy at all, no flakes either. I like to keep a "misting" spray bottle filled with distilled water to lightly moisten my hair as I go along. Hth! :)

The shea butter and gel sounds like a good thing. When I coiled my hair I used aloe vera gel and oil. IC Fantasia gel is a good gel that leave the hair soft, but with nice hold. I've used setting lotion (Black and Sassy) and oil once, which produced a nice out style.

Back