Finger Coil Experiment!! Need Advice

TemiLnd

Hello ladies,
I need some help/advice. I saw this how to for finger coils on natural hair - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdcJIKIRjg&feature=related and before trying it on my whole head; I did one coil on the side of my head.
P7120962.jpg
As you can see, shrinkage is funny.
P7120961.jpg
This last picture is me the next morning with the coil pointing sideways. :perplexed What is up with that?
P7130965.jpg
For those ladies that do finger coils, how do you make sure that your coils drop downwards after a good nights sleep? I think this could be a great style for protection but I can't have the coils facing the sky!!! :rolleyes: HELP!!

Aviah

I wish I could help but finger coils will not hold with my hair. I'd like to know too!

SweetCaramel1

i don't do coils on my hair but i used to do them for dh. i would suggest not sleeping/lying on them (which is hard to do of course) until your hair has more weight, so that the weight makes them fall down.

TemiLnd

i don't do coils on my hair but i used to do them for dh. i would suggest not sleeping/lying on them (which is hard to do of course) until your hair has more weight, so that the weight makes them fall down.

Humm that seems hard. How did you manage with your DH?

lilsparkle825

for these i used miss jessie's curly pudding to give them some weight. after that, i sat under the dryer. sorry the ends are kinda wonky, back then my hair in the front didn't curl very well.

Neith

My braids for braidouts fly every whichway too!

I bobby pin them down in the right direction before I go to bed. :yep:

TemiLnd

Thank you. So its best just to make sure they are dry before I sleep cos I slept with it semi wet.