What scissors are you using..

dreamer26

to do your hair trims? I'm new so if you already know this pardon my ignorance. I was using my regular house scissors and my sister who is a stylist yelled at me.

She told me that you can not use regular house scissor, or non hair scissors because the steel isn't hard enough. :eek:

Buy Hair scissors and then only use them to cut your hair nothing else.

She showed me all of her scissor some she's paid $300.00 to $600.00 for but everybody I know that go to her their hair grows like crazy. My sister can't style worth a darn, but people go to her becasue they say she has growing hands. She told me that there are some cheaper scissors out there but get the best hair scissors and you'll see a difference. She lives in Memphis and I'm in Florida so I can't just let her do it for me. Darn

Sometimes the success is not only in the process but the tools you use.

terica

I use hair cutting scissors that I bought from Sally's for about $10 bucks (ouch). I was told that regular scissors can cause split ends because they become dull. I found that it is true for sewing. I know when my spouse has been using my sewing scissors for household projects because when I go to cut fabric it will stick or not cut smoothly. Then I have to get them cleaned and resharpened.

T