What should I be doing to my hair?

*~Mocha~*

What should I be doing to my hair!?
Product recommendations will be appreciated.

I style my hair in a bun/pony every day. I don't spend a lot of time on my hair and want it to grow! I am natural so dont really know how to care for it. I use this product by curls from target to lay my hair flat with Eco style gel everyday. I don't see breakage so that's good? Right? I wash about once a week with herbal essences and style it right back to the same bun. My hair is stuck at the same length. I don't deep condition, oil , steam or anything extra. What should a daily , weekly or monthly routine consist of? Doesn't have to be product specific. I'm almost shoulder length stretched but want a lot more length and health.

you need to start deep conditioning your hair. this will help to retain length. also, how are you styling your bun? is it tight? do you use a ponytail holder and then wrap it around? do you place you bun in the same position everyday?

Start deep conditioning weekly, and use a clarifying shampoo at least 1x a month. Eco gel and Herbal Essences products can cause immense build up on the hair. Release the bun and shed hair often. Move it's position to not cause breakage.

ETA: Search for the Bun Challenge for more tips and tricks of daily bun wearers.

Back