What should I do before getting a touch-up after STRETCHING?

BeatriceFly

I thought of this because I tried parting my hair and wow!!
I had to be extremely gentle because getting through those roots was no joke
When I go get a touch-up I don't want them popping all my hair off!!
So what should I do before hand?

Monie24

Well I am a newbie to this, but what I am doing is a heavy protein treatment one week before I get my hair relaxed.

hope that helps

NYAmicas

Seeker
Some people put some kind of protein treatment or conditioner over their previously relaxed hair so when they're getting a touch up its a sort of buffer from any relaxer that may fall on the strands. I just self relaxed and I covered my strands with some conditioner and it helped me to part my hair and comb through it to make 4 sections though I must admit the crown wasnt going down in defeat like that.:nono:

Lady Esquire

Yeah, I love this thread.
Im too mad I didnt see it until after I did my touchup. The funny thing was my cousin emailed me the next day asking me for help because she was about to relax and I was spouting off info about PHs and lye like I was a bio major.
Thanks for posting.

You're welcome. I hope it helps w/your next touch-up.

locabouthair

Thank you LadyEsquire
That thread is really going to be helpful

However I am more concerned with them not being able to part my hair and doing it really rough you know
Should I put something on it, or detangle it as best as I can before going to the salon, or what?

hey ebony! My hairdresser put condioner on my ends before my touch up. I dotn think she had a problem parting my hair. And I am a coarse 4b.