• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As you can see from the picture, my new growth is ridiculous. I took this picture today, mind you I'm only 6 weeks into my perm and I'm trying to make it to 12 weeks. ( I think it's the damn biotin, fish and seaweed I've been eating ). Does anyone have any tips for me ? I'm determined to make it to 12.

By the way, I'm getting highlights in 2 weeks. I wanted to do it before my perm on May 29. I don't think the stretching will affect me getting highlights, right ? The overall health of my hair is good, no breaking, no shedding and I've been strengthening my hair with protein (Emergencee, Salerm, etc.) until I get my highlights. What do y'all think ?

Attachments

• NG.jpg
    NG.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Re: What the Hell is going on - stretching dilemma, 2 part question

Nice New Growth for 6 weeks.

I hit to 12 -18 weeks no problem. =)

Highlights do you put them in yourself or do you allow a stylist to do them?

I really do not or ever had done highlights on my hair though.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

I usually do highlights myself, but I'm having it professionally done this time.

Nice New Growth for 6 weeks.

I hit to 12 -18 weeks no problem. =)

Highlights do you put them in yourself or do you allow a stylist to do them?

I really do not or ever had done highlights on my hair though.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

*Muffin*

As you can see from the picture, my new growth is ridiculous. I took this picture today, mind you I'm only 6 weeks into my perm and I'm trying to make it to 12 weeks. ( I think it's the damn biotin, fish and seaweed I've been eating ). Does anyone have any tips for me ? I'm determined to make it to 12.

By the way, I'm getting highlights in 2 weeks. I wanted to do it before my perm on May 29. I don't think the stretching will affect me getting highlights, right ? The overall health of my hair is good, no breaking, no shedding and I've been strengthening my hair with protein (Emergencee, Salerm, etc.) until I get my highlights. What do y'all think ?

Don't worry. Stretching gets easier the longer you do it (because you get used to it). I recommend scarfing your new growth to make it lie flat when you're bunning so it doesn't look as puffy or finding a style that helps you blend your new growth with the rest of your hair (like braid-outs, bantu knot-outs, etc...).

TexturedTresses

if you are going to highlight your hair, i recommend you do it about 3 weeks after you relax. you don't want to put the highlights on the newgrowth that will be relaxed. everything else, i agree with muffin.

BlondeByDesire

Highlights either two before relaxer or two weeks after relaxer.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

I agree :yep:

Live4Me

If you highlight atleast one inch past all of your new growth you will be ok. That way, when you do get your touch-up it won't get on your colored hair. Make sure you use an extra amount of protection before your touch-up. So when it rinses down, it won't really affect it.

Jalen's Mom

Highlights either two before relaxer or two weeks after relaxer.

If you highlight two weeks before your relaxer, do you need to take any special precautions? I noticed the post below (forgive me, but I don't know how to quote more than one post at a time), says to highlight an inch below your new growth. Has anyone highlighted their new growth and then done a relaxer two or more weeks later? Results?

TIA :grin: