What would your Going Green Hair Care be Like??

Mamamia

I wonder, if we had to go back to the basic natural things, what would we use day to day in our hair? Here are mines:

Shampoo: soapnuts, herbal tea concoction, and ACV.

Conditioner: Avocado, raw shea butter, raw hawaiian honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, amla oil, aloe vera gel. Essential oils.

I think that would be all I would need. My hair could survive off of this!

zora

I wonder, if we had to go back to the basic natural things, what would we use day to day in our hair? Here are mines:

Shampoo: soapnuts, herbal tea concoction, and ACV.

Conditioner: Avocado, raw shea butter, raw hawaiian honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, amla oil, aloe vera gel. Essential oils.

I think that would be all I would need. My hair could survive off of this!

Not sure what I would use for shampoo. Maybe black soap. Is that considered processed?

Condition: avocado, banana, coconut anything, silica

Daily Headdressing: castor oil, coconut oil

*Muffin*

I'm using conditioners/shampoos that contain no sulfates, parabens, glycols, mineral oil or petroleum, or artificial fragrances. The only real chemicals I use in my hair are when I relax it. Some natural product lines I love are:

Giovanni Direct(shampoo & Conditioner)
Aubrey Organics (conditioner)
Hugo Naturals (the conditioners)
Citress (conditioner)
Nature's Gate (Pomegranate Sunflower conditioner)
Origins Rich Rewards DC

trj1922

I'm already pretty natural/green except for the recent addition of Megatek (which is still free of the worst non-natural offenders). I'm on a mostly Ayurvedic routine that consists of a Vatika or Ramtirth Brahmi Oil pre-poo, a shikakai powder based hair wash with other goodies like henna, amla and brahmi, and a leave-in hairdress from either Qhemet Biologics or Products of the Earth. I don't even need separate conditioner. Products of the Earth is a little Chicago-based, Black-owned company but their Hair Revitalizer has every hair growth addressing herb known to man. I don't have hair as nice a most of these ladies on LHCF but I have been struggling with unexplained hair loss (three different dermatologists didn't have a clue) for years and since I started this regimen my hair is actually growing back. I find new curlicues every day. I've gone green and haven't looked back! :grin:

msa

I just switched my regimen to using all natural products and so far it's been working great.

Cleansing: Baking soda/water, or baking soda/oyin honey hemp conditioner (and i could definitely go without this, even though I love it)
Conditioner: coconut milk
Leave-in/moisturizer: coconut oil
Other products: Castor oil to detangle. Aloe vera gel if I need to do a quick ponytail.

I feel way better knowing that I'm using things that have a far smaller likelihood of making me sick now or in the future.