New Natural – Needs Help

realskirt

I am a new natural and my hair is very short. I am finding that I have to really wet or co-wash my hair each morning and use Curl activator in order to define my curls and keep my hair looking moisturized all day.

Curl activator is so sticky and I hate the feeling. I have tried whipping Shea Butter and Aloe Vera Gel but it worked out better as body butter. If possible I would like to make something.

I have the following: Shea Butter, Coco Butter, Avocado Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Aloe Vera Juice, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Hemp Oil, and some miscellaneous Essential oils.

Any suggestions?

~Lee

Bettina

Ummm... I'm still learning but what I do with my TWA is co-wash in the morning (HairOne olive oil/ or any conditioner for that matter) then apply Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner or Organics Texture My way (Africas Best) and seal with EVCO or a little EVOO. This keeps my curls poppin and not feeling "sticky" all day. Hope this helps. :)

Mook's hair

Which curl activator are you using? They are not all created equal.
I hated s curl, but really liked Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I am a new natural and my hair is very short. I am finding that I have to really wet or co-wash my hair each morning and use Curl activator in order to define my curls and keep my hair looking moisturized all day.

Curl activator is so sticky and I hate the feeling. I have tried whipping Shea Butter and Aloe Vera Gel but it worked out better as body butter. If possible I would like to make something.

I have the following: Shea Butter, Coco Butter, Avocado Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Aloe Vera Juice, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Hemp Oil, and some miscellaneous Essential oils.

Any suggestions?

~Lee

Have you tried leaving in some of the conditioner you cowash with?

danigurl18

I always wet my hair every morning still and I'll be a year natural in June.. it's the only way I can get it curly the way I like it lol.. but if it's going to be cold or something the next day, I do a braid out or a twistout

Evolving78

co-signing on the leave-in conditioner. like a rinse out conditioner or detangler. i just started using Paul Mitchell Moisture products. if i really want my curls defined, i use Fantasia IC gel (green).

realskirt

Have you tried leaving in some of the conditioner you cowash with?

I always wet my hair every morning still and I'll be a year natural in June.. it's the only way I can get it curly the way I like it lol.. but if it's going to be cold or something the next day, I do a braid out or a twistout

co-signing on the leave-in conditioner. like a rinse out conditioner or detangler. i just started using Paul Mitchell Moisture products. if i really want my curls defined, i use Fantasia IC gel (green).

You women are great …problem solved! I left some conditioner in my hair after I co-washed and my curls are defined and moisturized all day.

I live in Florida so wetting my hair every morning is not an issue.
Thanks again!

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Glad you found your solution, I was gonna say use a leave-in also. I used Paul Mitchell foaming pomade to set my hair when I was newly nappy.

tailormade84

i mix together
Shea Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Coconut Oil, (and castor Oil) for a nice mix....some water helps to spread it out some...