What's my problem, broken hairs?

peachykeen

I NEVER have broken or shedding hair after my shampoo, conditioner and press. However, this time I used like several different prodcuts including mayonnaise pre poo, T-gel Shampoo, Proclaim olive oil conditioner and then realized it made my hair hard, so I then used used my aubrey organics to wash that off and then I used aubrey organic conditioner and then used TresEmme heat protectant. And when I was done I had broken hair.

What happened here?

Nonie

I NEVER have broken or shedding hair after my shampoo, conditioner and press. However, this time I used like several different prodcuts including mayonnaise pre poo, T-gel Shampoo, Proclaim olive oil conditioner and then realized it made my hair hard, so I then used used my aubrey organics to wash that off and then I used aubrey organic conditioner and then used TresEmme heat protectant. And when I was done I had broken hair.

What happened here?

Which Aubrey Organics product did you use to wash it off and which Aubrey Organics conditioner did you use?

Mayo is full of protein, then T-Gel seems like it'd be a very drying, then Proclaim Olive Oil Conditioner has protein in it...so it's no wonder your hair felt hard. Tresemme heat protectant also bring in its own share of protein...so methinks you OD'd on protein.

Americka

Which Aubrey Organics product did you use to wash it off and which Aubrey Organics conditioner did you use?

Mayo is full of protein, then T-Gel seems like it'd be a very drying, then Proclaim Olive Oil Conditioner has protein in it...so it's no wonder your hair felt hard. Tresemme heat protectant also bring in its own share of protein...so methinks you OD'd on protein.

ITA with Nonie! Too much protein!

peachykeen

Should I wash my hair again tommorow. Or can I just put an oil on it. I put some Cocasta Shikakai oil on it. Will this keep happening till I wash again?....I used Island Naturals Replenshing Shampoo and Conditioner.

Americka

Do you have any moisturizing DCs? You have to infuse more moisture in your hair and lay off the protein for a while. Since oils seal in moisture and you are lacking that at this moment, I would wait until your hair's moisture levels are higher before using oil again.

*CherryPie*

I wouldn't use Cocasta oil right now. It has shikakai and amla in it and those can make your hair feel drier because they're strengthening oils.

Maybe use Coconut, since it's moisturizing, if you must use oil.

peachykeen

Uh oh, I have really screwed this one around. I need to probably wash my hair again. I have poured almost the whole bottle of Cocasta oil over my head(not literally), it was the only oil I had. Since I flat ironed my hair, I hate to keep maniuplating it. So, I will have to wait until the weekend to wsh again and I will DC with moisurizing conditioner like you all said. AND, I will lay off the oil for right now, I had no idea oil could make my hair worse. This is what I get for deviating outside of my norm. Thanks again ladies!