what's the craziest hair advice you've ever been given?

caribeandiva

Human being
what's the craziest hair advice you've ever been given?

mine ex-stylist told me my damaged hair wasn't growing cause i didn't visit her every week. she also told me to trim every 6 weeks on schedule. my friends told me washing my hair too much will stunt its growth.

hopeful

Years ago this guy at JCPenneys relaxed my hair and gave me a beautiful haircut. He told me the best way to maintain the style was to use a curling iron every morning. He told me that if I sprayed it with oil sheen first that would protect it from the heat:perplexed :( :look:.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
"Hair is like a plant. When you wear a bonded weave, it acts like a trellis for your hair to grow on."

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This sounds so odd. It might be true, but I have rarely had a good experiencing with bonding, so I don’t have the courage to test this advice.

leleepop

Trim my hair every 8 weeks or it will split up the hairshaft and relax every 4 to 5 weeks or it will break off.:mad:

hopeful

Legend said:
"Hair is like a plant. When you wear a bonded weave, it acts like a trellis for your hair to grow on."

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This sounds so odd. It might be true, but I have rarely had a good experiencing with bonding, so I don’t have the courage to test this advice.

LMAO at him/her saying hair is like a trellis, wth? And LOL bonding will jack your hair up, smh.

cutiebe2

I was told (long ago when I had a relaxer), that thin hair needs to be relaxed more often, beucase as soon as there is new growth and relaxed hair together, it will break. I was told that relaxeing every 4 weeks would be good.

benosayi

Washing my hair will take out my perm.
Brushing my hair 100 times a night will make it shine.
If you take care of your hair, you never need to trim. This last one just cost me about 3 inches of hair.

caribeandiva

Human being
yeah my stylist also told me that i should relax every 4 weeks until my hair gets stronger. according to her, my hair goes back to "nappy" so quickly because it's extremely damaged.