What's the Deal w/Frizzy Ends???

MY FRIZZY ENDS SOLUTION EXPERIMENT

Last night I worked out, of course I sweated and my ends frizzed up after I had cooled off. Instead of washing my hair or doing a conditioning wash, I just left my hair alone for 2 hours (sorry if it sounds nasty) :look: .By 10pm the ends were like 5x as thick as the rest of the strands because of sweating and letting the hair dry

I applied qp elasta mango butter to the last 1" of each section of hair and then put the rollers in, the jar even says apply to dry ends. When I woke up (an hour ago) I took out the rollers and the ends were smooth and staraight as the rest of the strands. But not heavy, the mango butter was completely absorbed. THEN, I added B&B Super Gro grease I figured it would act as a protectant, since mineral oil lays on the hair, it should trap in the moisture of the mango butter. Then I sprayed some Elucence Serious Shining Spray on my comb and combed through.

It is 5:08pm and my hair is smooth root to tip. I was told by a friend that Rusk Smoother Passionfruit Leave In is also good to combat ends dryness. I know many LHCF members--like Adrienne & Southerngirlz put vaseline on their ends.

Last edited:
webby said:
Seng, do you air dry?

My hair frizzes up when it's either still damp when I remove the rollers, or when the ends need to be chipped a little.

Also, I have heard that it's never a good idea to use any type of heating instrument when you have added oil to your hair; I was told it's like frying your hair in bacon grease. That visual stuck with me :smirk:

agree with her

bajanplums1 said:
MY FRIZZY ENDS SOLUTION EXPERIMENT

Last night I worked out, of course I sweated and my ends frizzed up after I had cooled off. Instead of washing my hair or doing a conditioning wash, I just left my hair alone for 2 hours (sorry if it sounds nasty) :look: .By 10pm the ends were like 5x as thick as the rest of the strands because of sweating and letting the hair dry

I applied qp elasta mango butter to the last 1" of each section of hair and then put the rollers in, the jar even says apply to dry ends. When I woke up (an hour ago) I took out the rollers and the ends were smooth and staraight as the rest of the strands. But not heavy, the mango butter was completely absorbed. THEN, I added B&B Super Gro grease I figured it would act as a protectant, since mineral oil lays on the hair, it should trap in the moisture of the mango butter. Then I sprayed some Elucence Serious Shining Spray on my comb and combed through.

It is 5:08pm and my hair is smooth root to tip. I was told by a friend that Rusk Smoother Passionfruit Leave In is also good to combat ends dryness. I know many LHCF members--like Adrienne & Southerngirlz put vaseline on their ends.

I just want to add that my ends stayed straight up until today when I went swimming with this technique.

At the moment, to stop my ends looking frizzy, straight out of the shower and while my hair is still damp, I spray on some better braids spray and then I put vaseline/Posner Bergamot/Sta Sof fro braid food (or any grease really) on the ends and do one single plait of the ends. At night, I do the same and tie on my satin scarf and the ends are nice and soft in the morning.

At the moment I am wearing my hair in one single braided ponytail. When the weather is really cold, I cover my hair with a head scarf when I'm going outside to protect from the cold winds and stop my hair drying out.

ccd said:
Hey, sorry you are expeeriencing frizzy ends....I know when my hair is not dried completely that the ends end up frizzy, I had to find a solution to this and I believe a good leavin is the key..........serums help seal the mixture for me, but when I would go to the salon they used this stuff ( Rusk Smoother) that really helped turn my hair around, my ends are smoother, healthy and bluntly cut, grows out that way to, so:

1. a good cut ( you have that)

2. styling option that smooths out hair ( rollersetting is for me, when I airdry my hair m it always looks frizzy, wavy, or curly ( if I do a bun, the ends frizzy and curl up, never tried air drying rollers cause it would take toooolong and I have a hounded dryer that I cant resist, only if its really hot and sticky out) Anyway, I am rambling....

3. a great Leave in............Rusk Passionfruit Smoother has done right by me for about 4 years now, I love it...I tried Lacio a few months ago and I didnt find the same detangling qualities, but I'll have to give it a try again...so I can be sure)

Maybe when you rollerset you can sit in the dryer under medium heat for 15 minutes or so, then airdry the rest.....or wrap them with thoses papers ( I used those along time ago, it was kinda hard to do for me but I thought they helped with flatter ends. HTH

Yes, the end papers are great for protecting the ends of your hair when you roller set.:)

I use end wraps religiously for my wet set because they really help to get smooth ends. If you're not used to using them, it feels awkward at first, but gets better with time.

:up: Tip Practice using end wraps with dry sets.

bajanplums1 said:
HOW COULD I FORGET?? The 2 things that do prevent frizzy ends when I air dry in rollers have been
* Nexxus Headress
* Mango Butter mixed with Essential Fatty Acids (unless my hair gets wet in the rain).

Honestly, I think it is the level of heat used when doing a rolllerset or using a flat iron that smoothes the ends. So I think the heat is the missing link when airdrying a roller set. And high heat with a good leave in is the missing link when I sit under my hood dryer. I mean the ends are tucked under other laps of hair so maybe the heat does not get to them.

I believe it is the leave-in, like Nexxus Headress and the rollerset itself that smoothes the ends. I know I can get my ends very smooth in a rollerset without any heat.

I've been having this problem and have been dusting my ends every two weeks cos i thought it was split ends though ive never seen any split ends. Does salerm 21 work? Like if i use a whole lot?

Just wanted to let you all know that when I washed and styled yesterday (I did a style lifted from Sylver2's album) I put NTM Healing Serum on each section of my ends and when it dried I had no frizzy ends at all. I think that's going to be my new trick, concentrating the serum on my ends to prevent friziness.

I am realizing a lot of different this work well. Thansk to CCD and others, I used Rusk Sensories Smoother 2 days ago and moisturized normally with my oil based products and my ends are soft and smooth. I love them again, they feel GREEAT and look nice. (pink sweater pics in fotki)

Last edited:
Cincysweetie said:
Just wanted to let you all know that when I washed and styled yesterday (I did a style lifted from Sylver2's album) I put NTM Healing Serum on each section of my ends and when it dried I had no frizzy ends at all. I think that's going to be my new trick, concentrating the serum on my ends to prevent friziness.

YAY!! Thats exactly what I do. No more frizzy end problems.

bajanplums1 said:
I am realizing a lot of different this work well. Thansk to CCD and others, I used Rusk Sensories Smoother 2 days ago and moisturized normally with my oil based products and my ends are soft and smooth. I love them again, they feel GREEAT and look nice. (pink sweater pics in fotki)

I LOVE RUSK!! My savior throughout my post touchup.

OK!
Sylver2 already had me questioning Rusk Smoothie, after looking at Bree beautiful rollerset, I went out and bought a bottle!

I love the smell and my hair feels soft and silky! My ends look great and it air dried very nicely!
I am very pleased!

MONA!!!! You will have to try and incoporate this in your routine, my hair twin! :)

mrslee said:
OK!
Sylver2 already had me questioning Rusk Smoothie, after looking at Bree beautiful rollerset, I went out and bought a bottle!

I love the smell and my hair feels soft and silky! My ends look great and it air dried very nicely!
I am very pleased!

MONA!!!! You will have to try and incoporate this in your routine, my hair twin! :)

Haha......after i read Bree posts and saw the pics, i also ran out to get the rusk sensories smoother. i haven't used it yet though. And oh...i mixed my moisturiser, Africa's best lotion moisturiser with shea butter and tea tree or sth with my NTM serum and my ends are no more frizzy

Last edited:
Where are you guys buying the Rusk Passionfruit Smoother??? I have to get this!!! God bless you all.

Back