What's the LONGEST TIME that you've worn BRAIDS?

itismehmmkay

I've seen ppl go years w/ wearing braids (just refeshing them bimonthly or so).

What's the longest that you all have gone?

mermaid

3 years.
The norm since then was more like 10 months in, a few months out to give my hand a break from braiding.
Now, the grey hair comes in faster than I rebraid so I had to take them down so I can dye my hair when I need to.

loonatick

probably 3-4 months, much longer than this and ill scratch my head like crazy!!! :p
But this was a long time ago :look:

aqualung

itismehmmkay said:
I've seen ppl go years w/ wearing braids (just refeshing them bimonthly or so).

What's the longest that you all have gone?
After a month in latch hook braids, I'd have to remove and wash them. My scalp would get dirty.

Lusa

In the past I have worn braids 9 months out of 12. Taking a break every three months to retouch my hair. I am planning on getting back to this because it's easier for me, my hair thrives and I have found a really good braider again.

Chinagem

4 weeks! I hate having itchy scalp, not being able to run my fingers through my hair, the weight of the braids (except with human hair), and messy looking braids.

tastesosweet

I went 5 months with twist extensions and got a touch-up at the 2 1/2 month mark. My hair grew like crazy during that time.

kristina

six months (w/o touching them up-naughty me). I used to always wear them with a two week intermission every year.

bluediamond0829

i'll have to probably say 3 months and this was way before i discovered the crown and glory method...but now i can only do it for 1 1/2 months...and 2 months is really pushing it...i hate the thought of my braids hanging on a thin piece of hair...that just scares me because the thought of it breaking or popping off...

sareca

mermaid said:
3 years.
The norm since then was more like 10 months in, a few months out to give my hand a break from braiding.
Now, the grey hair comes in faster than I rebraid so I had to take them down so I can dye my hair when I need to.

Same here. I've gone 3 years+ braided. Too bad I didn't know about LHCF then... (sigh).

Neroli

Two years straight, single braids, no breaks. I washed my braids every week or two and rebraided one by one as needed from time to time. When I FINALLY took my entire braids out and relaxed, my hair was at armpit -- the first time I really know I could grow my 4b hair long. Even my mother was shocked at my length and thickness . . .

LovelyZ

I would say six weeks. I always feel like I waste my money when I get braids because after a few weeks I can't wait to take the braids out. I could never continuously get braids because I miss my hair too much.