What's Up With New Growth

G

What\'s Up With New Growth

Has anybody noticed or is if just me that the new growth is dry. Does it grow in dry?

I keep feelin and the relaxed part, although I'm using the same products on the WHOLE head, feels softer, whereas the new growth, of course is thicker but it's really dry.

My other question is if hair is dead, is there really a big deal if you relax it or not. It seems, the choice is dead thick coarse hair or dead straight hair.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: What\'s Up With New Growth

I found out that the products that made my relaxed hair feel soft and moisturized had no effect whatsover on my natural hair. A lot of them felt hard and sticky once they dried. I thought WGO and ORS Carrot Oil Creme were the two best products in the world. My natural hair was not impressed.
WGO just sat on top looking oily and the Carrot Oil might as well have been air for all the effect it had on my natural hair...

But products that are heavy enough to soften my natural hair also soften my relaxed hair. What is really weird is that my relaxed hair feels softer than my natural hair but it soaks up moisturizers like you wouldn't believe! It's like one of those super thirsty towels or something.

I could have supplied an underdeveloped country with a lifetime of food and water with all the $$$ I spent trying to find the right hair products!

Country gal

I apply castor oil to my roots which has helped to soften new growth. I would suggest trying the castor oil.

G

LOL

Yeah, I know what you mean though like the natural part likes the scurl and the relaxed part it just seems to coat.

I used UBH too, I wonder if the new growth, does'nt like the protein treatment.

G

You know I keep forgettin that I bought some castor oil too.
I'm gonna try that when I get home.

butterscotch

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sassygirl125 said:
I found out that the products that made my relaxed hair feel soft and moisturized had no effect whatsover on my natural hair. A lot of them felt hard and sticky once they dried. I thought WGO and ORS Carrot Oil Creme were the two best products in the world. My natural hair was not impressed.
WGO just sat on top looking oily and the Carrot Oil might as well have been air for all the effect it had on my natural hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the #1 reason why I can't stray too far from my regimen! Once I found products that worked just as well on my natural hair as they did on my relaxed hair, I stuck with them.

Also, this is probably why people have such a hard time dealing with breakage - especially from the point of new growth as well as shedding.

Once more thing, is that picture you as a child or your daughter/relative? I hope you don't mind me saying that it is the cutest picture I ever seen!!

I've read that a lot of ladies on the board use coconut oil to straighten new growth. I personally have not used it yet, but it's what I plan to use when my new growth is longer (3wks since last relaxer, and going to transition to natural). HTH

Adrian3bc

Hmm? I have nticed the opposite. My ng is silky and soft while the other hair isnt as soft? Do you think it is a hair type thing?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Once more thing, is that picture you as a child or your daughter/relative? I hope you don't mind me saying that it is the cutest picture I ever seen!!

[/ QUOTE ]

She is the cutest thing! But unfortunately we are not from the same gene pool.
She is one of the models in the book "Kids Talk Hair" by Pamela Ferrell. I posted another photo of her in the "S-Curl Texturizer Products" thread.

Integrity

hi mindy, evening primrose oil and MSM makes my new growth soft and nourished and with a nice sheen and wave. secondary are frequent washing with no poo or very little poo or very moisturising poos. then as the weeks go by and you see lots of growth keep strong protein to a minimum (even UBH!) try chlesterol and hot oil treatments to keep the new growth soft.

these have really helped my type 5 hair go up to week 14 and counting!!

G

Hey PANDORA
I've been thinking about you, where've you been...

Thanks for those suggestions, I kinda thought the protein made it stiffer
, plus I did a twist out this last time and ARRGH, can't do that with an inch of fur

WOW , 14 wks
oo: I'm at 9 wks this friday, trying to shoot for 12, but I dont knowwwww...

Integrity

hi mindy, you were also on my lists of superb members i missed. i went for a holiday and couldnt log on as much. i did once in a while but most time i wrote in the shout box. God bless ya and dont give up on your hair!

Integrity

and mindy, i understand what you mean about protein making hair stiffer. exactly. i think prtein shouldnt be overestimated and there must be a nice ballance between protein treatments and moisture and oils. that is one reason why i am loving le kair cholesterol at the moment. lots of oils, not too much protein and it gives softness and sheen. i am loving it at the moment! i will keep ORS, UBH and aphogee tretament for week1 to 6 post touch up.

marabou1

Hi Pandora:

Your a 5 hair type? Wow! I didn't know there was a 5. There a many women here who keep saying they are 4bs but I swear when I look at the pictures, they look more like 3bs. I think I'm definitely a 5.

I'm thinking since you are a 5 and Le Kair goes well with your hair, it should with mine, but it doesn't. It made my hair dry. However, someone just recently told me that there are different kinds.

What kind do you use and what color is it? The one that made my hair dry was the orange one.

Integrity

i said tye 5 to indicate how 'stubborn' my hair can get!! lol, but generally i dont really note the hair type slots cos my hair changes depending on my diet and age!

i use the orange le kair with aloe, keratin, oils. i guess your hair did not like the le kair.

marabou1

Thanks Pandora.

I've only used it once and it was during a time my hair was very dry.

You listed aloe as one of the ingredients and aloe is protein. That's probably why my hair felt even more dry, unless I'm wrong and aloe is a kind of protein that doesn't dry.

Integrity

aloe is protein alright. and it has keratin as protein too but both are right at the bottom of the ingredient list.

Ennyaa

That's the one with the Jojoba oil in it right? I love that one and it's the only protein treatment I've used on my hair to date. I do it once a week after my hot oil treatment and CO washes. I haven't noticed a problem with dry roots as yet.

Integrity

Ennyaa said:
That's the one with the Jojoba oil in it right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

Ennyaa

And it's SOOO cheap too. Under $3 bucks and it lasts for months! Now that's what I call a bargain!

Integrity

Ennyaa said:
And it's SOOO cheap too. Under $3 bucks and it lasts for months! Now that's what I call a bargain!

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!! i cant work out why i overlooked it for several months in my closet. i only used it as i couldnt afford the UBH for now. i am hooked!

G

Say I need your advice on much more serious subject..

Check of the "Is It Me" Thread on Off Topic K

G

You know even though I washed Sunday and yesterday was only 2 days, I could'nt take it, it was hard and thick so I rinsed my hair, well I used a little shampoo I have this thing about wetting without soap, kinda like washing your hands w/o soap.

Then I put the Keracare on for abut 25 minutes , this is NO LIE I was able to smooth my hair, down to the scalp with a rattail comb. Do you know how small the are???

I'm teling you, that stuff is a Miracle for me. If they pull a Mizani on me, I will blow up the company...

This is ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE.

Integrity

Mindymouse said:
Say I need your advice on much more serious subject..

Check of the "Is It Me" Thread on Off Topic K

[/ QUOTE ]

all that seamist said!

G

LOL, yeah she laid it on the line. I should take her with me Saturday.

G

HUMECTO, with no heat.

OH, MY GOODNESS......................