Whats wrong with my hair?

Zakina

Ok, So I'm beginning to think that something is seriously wrong with my hair...

I had a girlfriend of mine over at my house last friday. We were talking about hair and she was complementing me for having such thick hair. We both ware hijaab(headscarves) so I had never seen her hair before. It turned out she had waistlenght natural 1a/b hair(we are both Somali). I have 3b/c hair.
Anywhooo...
We went on talking about how much our hair has grown the past couple of years. She told me her hair was shoulderlength 7 yrs ago. So I began thinking about what length my hair was 7 yrs ago....and I came to the horrible conclusion that it was exactly he same length as it is now...
I am not kidding...my hair doesn't grow!!!!!!
I have hair thats a bit longer than bra-strap. I cut my hair for the first time(!!! never trimmed either) a couple of months ago. Thats it I've never cut my hair before that. And still no appearant growth...
What is wrong with me?:confused: Is this normal?

EDIT: And also....I used heat for the first time in my life just a few weeks ago...so my hair isn't suffering from heat damage.

sweetcashew

There has been many discussions on hair length and genetics. I personally feel that everybody has a particular lenght that their hair can grow to and no more. When your hair reaches that length it sheds.
Maybe that's your genetic length limit. Proper nutrition and taking great care of your hair can help you reach your ultimate limit.
Make sure that you're getting all the nutrients you need to promote healthy hair and maybe you'll see a difference then.

carameldiva

Are you in good health? Are you taking vitamins or supplements? Drinking the proper amount of water a way? Exercising? Pre-pooing, Shampooing, conditioning and deep conditioning weekly? Moisturizing as needed?

if so then i would have a check up tp make sure that nothing was internally wrong.

caligirl

I'm surprised that your friend has natural 1a hair. The somalian women that I have seen have had 3-4 type hair. I wonder if she presses her hair.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
My hair used to stand still too! For years and years it was a few centimetres above bra strap.
But once I started taking really good care of my hair, started babying the ends and deep conditioning regularly I was able to retain more length. Don't give up! :)

Zakina

caligirl said:
I'm surprised that your friend has natural 1a hair. The somalian women that I have seen have had 3-4 type hair. I wonder if she presses her hair.

No, it's actually quite common with natural 1a/b 2a/b hair on somali women. I'm the odd one :look:.

I won't give up....but it's sad...7yrs without growth!?