Cutting the wrong way stunting hair growth??

Ms_Twana

Have any of you ladies heard of this before?? We were talking about it at work the other day. And when one of my friends found out I did my own BC, she told me that I was crazy. She said that I better hope my hair grows back because if my hair shaft is cut in the wrong spot, my hair will not grow. I had never heard of this before. And the first thing that I thought was that there are several ladies here that have done their own BC and have hair down their backs now. So, is there any truth to this???:confused:

Ms_Twana said:
Have any of you ladies heard of this before?? We were talking about it at work the other day. And when one of my friends found out I did my own BC, she told me that I was crazy. She said that I better hope my hair grows back because if my hair shaft is cut in the wrong spot, my hair will not grow. I had never heard of this before. And the first thing that I thought was that there are several ladies here that have done their own BC and have hair down their backs now. So, is there any truth to this???:confused:

My grandmother is an ole' school hairdresser and she's always said that....for awhile I thought it was true (being as tho' I never grew past SL after my mother jacked my hair up cutting it when I was a child) til I found LHCF.

Me too Dlewis! :perplexed You are not cutting off a finger or an arm here :lol: Its non-living hair that can't feel or think. Growth happens within scalp tissue, not on specific areas along the shaft. If you had somehow traumatized your scalp during your BC, then you would have a problem. :lol:

Ms. T, you will be just fine!

Ms_Twana said:

Never heard this before. In the past 3 months I have cut my hair off real short and things are growing back fine with no problems.

what does your hair shaft have to do with the growth follicles of your hair? She doesnt know what she is taking about. I did my own BC.

I know that if you cut your hair with everyday scissors that has dull blades and not extra sharp ones for hair cutting your ends will look a hot mess in the long run.

See, my initial response was that she needed to stop listening to everything our stylist tells her. But she said she didn't get it from her, and that I could do a search on it online. Needless to say, I didn't find anything. I guess it goes along with, "You're hair grows faster when you get your split ends cut." :lol: :lol:

dlewis said:
I wonder were she came up with that!

:lachen: :lachen: Ok whatever. I have repeatedly cut my hair off within 1 inch of my scalp with kitchen shears, fabric shears and gummy scissors and my hair always grows back in a years time.:lachen:

I heard that there is a specific way to properly cut hair. For example, a very sharp scissors should be used to prevent further breakage up the shaft. Also the scissors should be held a certain angle, so that it's cut properly, again this is to prevent futher brekage up the shaft.

Maybe this is where this tale came from! However, I never heard that hair wont ever grow again after a hair cut.

I'm not sure if you meant hair won't ever grow again. I guess she meant it will grow slower. :perplexed

Back