What's Your 2010 New Year's Resolution Regarding Hair Care?

Well I just clean out my product stash and mailing off all the "Fail" Products to my little cousin(3 boxes of products). My New Years resolution is to stick to products I know work, and only buy those products.

Same here. Before you know it, that stuff starts falling out of linen closets, shelves, etc.

I want to be more of a DIY gurl, and finally get to ulimate goal of MBL in the back and BSL in front by July 2010

When I have extra time, I'm try to do my own hair instead of going to the salon.

To go to PJ annoymous every Saturday. Not just on every bandwagon that I see and to find what works and stick to it. I really need to work on k-i-s-s for real or I'm going to be so broke next year.

Just use everything up. Then you won't feel guilty when you really need to buy something. I was doing fine before I started reading these hair boards. Then slowly but surely I turned into an oil, pomade and conditioner junkie--trying less expensive items to get the same results as my expensive products was my goal. Now I have a large stash of secondary products. Nevertheless, they are good quality products.

I'm just going to do what works for my hair. :yep: I'm going to stick with the basics, take care of my scalp, and make sure that I pamper it from time to time.

I agree with you.

Developing a solid, simple, regimen.

That's the way to be.

Why wait??

You're right. It can be done now.

My resolution from now till i dk is to keep it as simple as possible and not think about my hair.

I wondering what "dk" stands for.

My 2010 goals :

I will NOT stress over my hair!! I will not put myself under the stress of trying to make a goal by a certain date. I will exercise proper hair care maintenance and let my hair do its thang!! I'll reach BSL-MBL when I reach it.

I find myself obsessing over dates....and I'm constantly wondering, will I ever be BSL??? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Incorporate more protein into my reggie.:grin:
Keep up protective styling, co-washing, minimal direct heat.:grin:
Baby'ing my edges and ends.:grin:
Reducing breakage...and not stressing if I see 1 broken hair. :ohwell:

REALIZING I AM NOT MY HAIR!!!

I never stress over my hair. In fact, I'm really lazy with it. Years ago, my stylist would tell me about the length progress. He was amazed when I reached mid-back length. He thought it couldn't be done. I just never paid attention to the length, because I have more important things to do.

Thanks for your comments ladies! Your hair is beautiful. Keep up the good work.

More comments are welcome.

Last edited:
Wonderful Thread!

*I want to Keep it as SIMPLE as possible (less products)
*More Protective Styles
*Add more strength to my fine strands
* reach my length goals
I will be one happy camper! :)

For now: Find a KISS regimen and staple products

2010:
Keep transitioning, possibly be 100 percent natural by 12/31/10

Stop obsessing about my hair

I want to have longer and healthy hair.:look: I plan to continue transitioning and become completely natural in 2010.:grin:

K.I.S.S routine, find what works & stick with it ( I have so much stuff that my 13 y.o. daughter said why you keep changing)
less manipulation

My next relaxer is in November. If needed I will trim to BSL and my goal is to stretch for 6 months *if I can make it that long* :look: till spring then relax. My regimen will stay the same, I will protective style more, just to hide my hair. I want that WOW factor next relaxer :yep:. My goal is to be WL by December 2010.

My 2010 new year's resolution is as follow

i) Relax hair no earlier than 12wks
ii) Bunning without pony (I tend to put too much tension on my hair)
iii) Henna more often
iv) Use more 'natural' hair care products
v) Full and healthy MBL by 12/31/2010
vi) Grow out my edges after suffering horrific breakage and shedding due to trying out a new relaxer :nono:

Last edited:
I don't have anything new to do for 2010 but to maintain the regime that has made me go from Glazing SL to one inch short of BSL in 14 months.

1) Do what works
2) Keep it simple
3) No more boot camps
4) Full BSL by December 31st, 2010

.....oooppppssss.....were we only supposed to name one!!! :lachen:

My 2010 hair resolution is to say, "I have healthy, beautiful, BSL hair!" and then scream :yahoo: because my dream has become reality.

1) Find a solid regimen

2) Continue transitioning

3) Not be afraid to trim (Ive never had long hair, and its hard to let go of length... even if it is damaged):nono:

4) Be close to BSL by December 2010??? :crossfingers:

I've already done one thing by finally creating a regimen so my hair resolutions are

KEEP FROM HAVING BREAKAGE AND SPLIT ENDS
Have satin on my hair EVERY time I lay
moisturize my ends
Deep condition my ends every week
Stick with my new reg as long as it works
use baking soda twice a month

Not to jump on every band wagon when it comes to products and work on defining my hair regimen and using up all the stuff I have and just buy only my staple products that I use all the time.:grin:

I am NL going to APL-

BSL FINALLY once and for all by the end of 2010.

Yes I am quoting myself. I would also love to go for 6 months stretches.

However, my hair starts to want to break off-

So, I am still going anywhere between 12-20 for my stretches. I am still going for 6 months it just all depends on my hair.

-find all my staples and stick to them.
-mix my own oils and butters (I already do this but I need to stick to one recipe)
-spend less time on this forum

Rollersetting so I can wear my hair down more
Use up my products or give away what I dont use

Vitamins, water and exercise ( if I am not going to do it for myself at least I should do it for my hair)
give BKT a try

Last edited:
Back