What's Your Pre/Post Relaxer Regimen?

NYLegalNewbie

Okay ladies, let's hear it!!!

What do you do before you get a relaxer? (i.e. do you do a protein treatment? Do you put something on your hair to prevent overlapping?)

After the relaxer, what do you do to your hair to reinforce strength and replenish lost moisture?

Hopefully, if we get enough responses, this can be put with other good threads for easy reference :yep:

My only steadfast rule is to do protein treatment one week before and one week after a touch up. I always rollerset before as well so the line of demarcation is obvious.

Pre Relaxer

Shampoo, oil rinse and protien treatment (1 week prior)
Super low manipulation to avoid breakage and irritation (8+ weeks pre)

Post Relaxer

Rinse relaxer, apply conditioner 5-ish minutes, Nutralize 2x, Let neutralizer sit 10 minutes, Neutralize 2x.
Oil rinse if tangled, deep condition over night.
Flat iron, cross wrap until I get bored with straight style.

a week before my relaxer I always use emergencee (a heavy protein) under the dryer without a cap on and then follow with a moisturizing conditioner. relaxer takes the protein out of our hair so getting a protein treatment the week before helps.

b4 I relax I ask the hair dresser to put conditioner on the previously relaxed hair. after she washes out the relaxer i put in a mild like motions CPR or aphogee two min. then neutralize for 5 mins and put a moisturizing conditioner in.

have you read sistaslick's articles about relaxing. she goes into great deal about how to prep your hair b4 a relaxer and what to do after.

www.fotki.com/sistaslick

Back