What's your take on JBCO?

spellinto

Hi ladies, I'm thissss close to purchasing the Lavendar JBCO (since I've heard the regular JBCO has a strong smell). What is your take on this? Is a thicker/thinner than regular castor oil, and is it as sticky? I know castor oil in general can thicken your edges, but is the JBCO thick enough to smooth them down too? (...should I order the hair food pomade to do that?) What's the most inexpensive website I can order it from? So many questionsss :drunk: Don't be afraid to share if you had an unpleasant experience with this product too, I need all takes before buying!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Honestly, the only difference I ever noticed between JBCO and and regular castor oil is the funky smell and the price difference. JBCO smells worse and costs more online lol.
Besides that, they are the same. Same consistency, same effect...same thing.

prettybyrd

I am sensitive to strong odors, and the lavender JBCO was so strong that I had to wash my hair out after using it just to be able to sleep and not get sick. I liked it for a little while and then it became too much.

If you'd like, I think that I may have a bottle at home that I can give to you. I don't think I threw it away. Mind you, it's not full, but If I do still have it, I can send it to you so that you can try it out before buying it. Some people love it, but I much prefer the regular JBCO to the lavender kind. The effectiveness is the same, the smell is the only difference that I noticed.

I will PM you after I get home from work.

Makenzie

Never had the lavender one, but the regular JBCO didn't impress me enough to purchase it a second time. Now Castor Oil has been working great for my hair and skin and I don't have to order it online.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like JBCO & Extra Dark JBCO. I also like the JBCO w/Pimento Oil (Blend). :lick:

JBCO is suppose to have high ash content which aids in growth/thicker hair. Thus, the smoky-smell.

However, it doesn't linger in your hair. Didn't care for the JBCO w/Lavender. The smell was a bit much.:ohwell:

Just give it to me straight.

But if I want 'good smelling' Castor Oil, I'll just grab Hairveda's Cocosta Oil.:grin:

napbella

I have the lavender jbco and it smells better than the reg jbco imo. I also mixed it with unrefined coconut oil and grapeseed oil for my sulfur mix. Not sure which website will give you the best deal, but try your local bss, some carry it. HHJ