Any PROVEN edge growth remedies?

jada1111

Has anyone found success using any remedies to thicken their edges in the front?

I think I read a poster saying that coconut oil grew out her edges, but I can't find the post. She had long 3ish hair with before and after pics.

I've heard that castor oil (particularly JBCO) is supposed to help. I bought some this week (regular one at CVS) and started using it, but I cannot stand the scent! Should I be mixing it with something else? If so, what?

I normally take a little bit, rub it in my trouble spots, then apply a nice smelling product over it.

If you've tried anything or know of something that WORKS, please let me know. I've checked some old threads and a product called Lenzi's Request was pretty popular, but folks weren't using it consistent enough to see results.

Last edited:
Castor oil. It works. But you can't brush your hair or pull it to tight in ponys and such. That would work against the castor oil.

A lot of ppl have said Nioxin Follicle Booster is great for edges. Do a search on it here and then also go to folica.com and read the reviews. I am trying it out now. Gonna use it for a month consistently and document my progress. I took a begining pic of my sparse edge and will take one at the 2 week mark this week and then will take another at the end of the month. Took the pics so I could really compare the results w/out having to try to remember what it used to look like. I'll let u know what happens.

Back