When you reached your goal length...

SleepyJean

Was it easy breezy from there? Did it require much more work? Was it difficult to maintain?

I actually might reach my goal length soon. I feel like I'm jinxing myself by saying this too. I'm just wondering what else is there after the goal has been reached. :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

if you're like me and many other women on this site, once you reach your goal..........

you get a new goal lol

hair anorexia is contagious and runs rampant in this forum. when i 1st started my journey i was apl. my goal was just to get my curls back from some severe heat damage. once that happened i wanted bsl. once i hit bsl i wanted wl. once i hit wl i know want classic length (yeah, i just straight skipped hl and tl i want classic)

soooooo...... yeah

DarkAngell

I'm almost at my goal of WL and it is NOT easy for me. Everything takes so much longer.....detangling, air drying, flat ironing when i do it in the cooler months. I'm flying through my bottles of conditioner so fast!! I'm mildly texlaxed, today i tried to tie my hair up while it was already completely dry and curly. It took me about 30 minutes & 6 elastics to finally get one in my hair without it snapping!!!! So now the only way to style it is to wash it first

Sometimes I get aggrivated but i'm still glad I have long hair and when i get to straighten it i LOOOOOVE it.

Now that i'm almost there, my goal changed to HL. I have a feeling i'd end up cutting it again when i reach that length though!

DarkAngell

if you're like me and many other women on this site, once you reach your goal..........

you get a new goal lol

hair anorexia is contagious and runs rampant in this forum. when i 1st started my journey i was apl. my goal was just to get my curls back from some severe heat damage. once that happened i wanted bsl. once i hit bsl i wanted wl. once i hit wl i know want classic length (yeah, i just straight skipped hl and tl i want classic)

soooooo...... yeah

See i thought i was the only one! My first goal was BSL. I thought that would be enough for me. I reached that and it change to WL. Now i'm almost there and my goal changed to HL lol

Mz.MoMo5235

I'm almost at my goal of WL and it is NOT easy for me. Everything takes so much longer.....detangling, air drying, flat ironing when i do it in the cooler months. I'm flying through my bottles of conditioner so fast!! I'm mildly texlaxed, today i tried to tie my hair up while it was already completely dry and curly. It took me about 30 minutes & 6 elastics to finally get one in my hair without it snapping!!!! So now the only way to style it is to wash it first

Sometimes I get aggrivated but i'm still glad I have long hair and when i get to straighten it i LOOOOOVE it.

Now that i'm almost there, my goal changed to HL. I have a feeling i'd end up cutting it again when i reach that length though!

girl!!! you need to upgrade to using headbands as hair ties

or the bungees

SleepyJean

you get a new goal lol

soooooo...... yeah

My goal is near, and I will NOT change my mind. :nono: This is alreayd too much. Every rollerset or even flat ironing I consider cutting it off soon. :lol:

I feel I would be going through that, too. :ohwell: BTW, your hair is beautiful.

girl!!! you need to upgrade to using headbands as hair ties

or the bungees

:lachen: @ bungees!!!

Thank y'all.

brucebettye

I have reach one of my goals and it is having healthy hair and keeping it. I am so glad I reached that goal. My next one is full apl which I hopefully will have by December. One thing I found on this site is that alot of people have one goal and once they reach it they set another goal. I think this is good because you will always take good care of your hair.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

you get a new goal lol

soooooo...... yeah

so right about this one!!!! im WL and want HL and Tailbone length!! ya just wanna keep goinggggg!!

SmilingElephant

I agree with Mo and DarkAngel.....once you hit a goal you want to hit another one....whether you meant to or not!:lachen:

True it takes longer for my hair to airdry, flat-iron, blowdry....and now i'm trying to grow out my bangs so that also intereferes sometimes with my styling options bc they don't stay down:fistshake:

Mo...thanx for reminding me i NEED those bungees....i keep seeing them at Sally's.....those Ouchless bands are becoming obsolete on a sista!:grin:

chasturner84

...when I first joined LHCF I only wanted BSB and I was starting at SL. I'm APL now and I already see that BSB will not be enough hair for me, so I changed my ultimate goal to MBL. I really can't see wanting hair longer than that (at this point because of the time it will take to dry, style, etc) but I won't write that in stone just yet.

lovelexi

...when I first joined LHCF I only wanted BSB and I was starting at SL. I'm APL now and I already see that BSB will not be enough hair for me, so I changed my ultimate goal to MBL. I really can't see wanting hair longer than that (at this point because of the time it will take to dry, style, etc) but I won't write that in stone just yet.
:lol: im at SL now and thats how I feel. Just get to BSB and Im good. But I know once I get there I'm going to want MBL or even longer.

D.Lisha

I haven't even reached my FIRST goal (full apl) and I've already switched it around a couple of times: first I wanted full APL, then MBL, now I've made up in my mind I'd like to have full WL :)
I think our change of goals derive from seeing progress/success stories from other ladies on the forum.....I mean with all of these beautiful heads of hair...how CAN you stay ONE goal? lol

SleepyJean

:lol: im at SL now and thats how I feel. Just get to BSB and Im good. But I know once I get there I'm going to want MBL or even longer.

I have to admit. My first goal was SL, and now I want BSL. :ohwell:

I haven't even reached my FIRST goal (full apl) and I've already switched it around a couple of times: first I wanted full APL, then MBL, now I've made up in my mind I'd like to have full WL :)
I think our change of goals derive from seeing progress/success stories from other ladies on the forum.....I mean with all of these beautiful heads of hair...how CAN you stay ONE goal? lol

My weak arms determine what goal is reasonable for me. :yep:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I haven't reached my final goal....I don't even know my final goal. When I first started, I was sl and my goal was full apl. Got there and my goal was BSL. Now my goal is WL by the end of this year but HL eventually....but I will say that my regimen has gotten much more simple and easier as time has passed. In the beginning, my hair was so damaged that I had alot to do to it. Had to "DC" frequently, keep up with protein and all that other good stuff. Now, I rarely do anything to my hair but wash once a week, moisturize twice a week and re-braid nightly for my braidouts. So although I haven't reached my final goal, my hair care has gotten easier with time and I don't expect for it to get any harder.

Toy

I've reached my final goal of Hiplength i dont feel it was hard but it was not a breeze you still have to maintain and keep the regime up..

bebezazueta

I've reached my final goal of Hiplength i dont feel it was hard but it was not a breeze you still have to maintain and keep the regime up..

Love Love the fact that you are relaxed and HL! I live in AZ also and pray this desert heat can give me a year round growth spurt! LOL!

BTW my goal length as of today is HL! We shall see!