Votes: 255 21.0%
  • Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters
I was thinking about why we choose our goal length. Why do some ladies want BSL hair while others like Midback? Some choose Shoulder or APL because longer lengths might be harder to maintain, while quite a few swoon over the idea of hair down to their waist. So what is your goal length and why? I also think goals might have to do with how one feels about the length they had throughout most of their lives. For instance, there are many ladies here who have always had hair that was APL or BSL, therefore Midback or Waistlength might not seem like a far off goal. Also, the ladies here who have always had long hair might have more experience with the extreme maintenance longer lengths require. Right now I am so confused as to what my goal length will be. A part of me feels like I might never reach that goal while another part of me fears that longer hair might also bring negative attention. When my hair is healthy, I like to wear it down. However, I fear that once I reach a certain length I will have to deal with rude comments and nasty stares. I think my goal is between midback and waist. However, BSL might be more realistic. I want this length because I have always favored hairstyles that require longer length. I have a round face and therefore hair that is past APL seems like it would frame my face better. Perhaps seeing the goals other women have and their determination can get me over my fear of failure. I am especially interested in the ladies who have never had long hair yet want to achieve lengths past APL or even past BSL. So what is your goal length and why?

soul_sista

I picked armpit level because the longest my hair has been is shoulder length. I want to gain more length but Im only 5'1 so it would look crazy if I had really long hair.

nelli711

I'm going for waist length because I love long hair and I think it will look good on me. Thats all.

remnant

My goal is Mid back.
Why? Because that's long hair to me with less work than WL and longer lenght, I guess :look:.

Isis

My goal was never a particular length. After having broken-off ,fried, see-through hair for years, I only wanted healthy, thick beautiful hair at any length.

nicki6

I chose armpit length because I think its attainable and would still be managable for me to care for on my own:wink2:

SweetCaramel1

it's a personal challenge of mine to get to waistlength. i like the look of it and my hair has never been that long before. that goal may change though with the extra challenge of taking care of so much hair

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Between APL & BSL all one length. My hair has been very long in my life time…and very short, too :lol: . I found this length looks best on me and is much easier to maintain. It's also very versatile, which is important. However, my hair never been all one length (the front has always been shorter), so that is a new thing for me…and a personal challenge I find quite fun.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
To me, brastrap length and midback length are the same thing.

I have a realistic goal of APL.

I have a dream goal of waist length, but I would be content with brastrap/mid-back length.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm reaching for midback. Because I think that long healthy hair is classic and beautiful and because it's nice to disprove ignorant people's hypothesis that our hair won't/can't grow.

ravenmerlita

I chose mid-back because that was the length when I was younger. Also -- a sentimental reason -- longer hair reminds me of my mother's hair.

leleepop

I pick brastrap length as my first goal, and then maintaining thick ends an inch above it. So I guess I'm trna say I want thick ends to hover an inch to a 1/2 an inch above my bra. (hope that makes since),because I think this length will be pretty.

ETA: I want mid back to waistlength all natural hair.

Last edited:

MizaniMami

My all time goal is WSL. But if my hair keeps growing after that I won't stop it. The only reason I am hesitant that I will stay at WSL because the longer my hair gets the thinner it gets. I can really see my hair being long and thin which I don't want.

But I am gonna let it grow as long as it wants without cutting it (if it doesn't look all scraggly).

Why? Because in this case the floor is the limit :lol: and I think WSL hair is soooo sexy!

I Chose Wsl Because As A Child I Had Wsl Hair And I Want To See What It's Like To Have Wsl Hair As An Adult:) And Because Long Hair Is Beautiful:yep:

Last edited:

Doll

My hair has been APL most of my life. I am now at BSL thanks to LHCF, but my ultimate goal is WL. I have always admired this length on other women including my LHCF hair idols, I feel that my hair will grow that long, and I love the challenge.

~Nigeria~

Mine goal is now bra-strap. It used to be mid-back but I think that would be too much for me to handle. I would be definitely be content with brastrap.

Imani

the longest my hair has ever been in my life is right above my shoulders. So i chose APL as a goal bc i think it would be interesting to see what i would look like with hair this length. I would also be happy at a full and healthy shoulder length.

LoveLiLi

I'm going for waist-length hair because my hair was that length when I was younger (all natural) and I have yet to reach that length with a relaxer. I'm already at midback and I fluctuate between midback and bra-strap length already, so that's not a real challenge. I'll actually make an effort to take care of my hair with a serious goal.

joyous

Waistlength because it is a challenge to reach that goal. I've been brastrap plenty of times without effort. I would cut my hair above shoulder length and had no problems growing it back until I start abusing relaxers. Once I reach waistlength(5 more inches to go) I will blunt cut it just below brastrap and maintain it there.

ChasingBliss

full waist length....why? Because after spending most of my life feeling that it was impossible, I realize that I CAN..

I would love midback length. I've been stuck between APL and Brastrap for about two years now. I can't wait to reach midback. I think waist length would be too much on me, so midback is my goal. :yep:

Sweet_Ambrosia

I'm aiming for Waist Length.
The longest my hair has ever been was Mid Back Length (when I was younger)
I'm not too far from that length now, so it's not much of a challenge for me.
Waist Length hair would look great on me, I love the look of long healthy hair, that's mainly why I want it. :D

Jewell

My ultimate goal is tailbone but that is a long way away. So, right now I am aiming for waist length. I have been there before in high school and I think that length would accentuate my hair nicely.

Galleta

My ultimate goal length is midback, waistlength might be too much for me to handle. I want hair long enough to have a long high ponytail.

Catina72

My goal length is midback mainly because I love the way it looks! (Isis:love: ) The longest my hair has ever been was between APL and BSL and that was in junior high school. I also believe with all my heart that I can attain this goal. This is a nice challenge for me!