Where do all the hair pins and bobby pins go(a hair accessory review)?

sapphire18

Where do all the hair pins and bobby pins go? A pack of thirty lasts me a couple of weeks at best. I haven’t found the real answer to this question (Maybe a leprechaun that has a craving taste for bobby pins that will never be fulfilled?). But I did find some hair accessories that keep my hair in place without getting lost. You can find them here. The prices start at $2.99 which considering I used to spend $1 twice a month on hair pins is relatively cheap. They are Made in the USA (which is important to me since I joined the Buy American Challenge ) Another reason I made the switch was because if the little plastic ends are loose or if there are rough spots on the metal I end up pulling some of my hair out with the hairpins.

Photos

Last edited:

diadall

I think I know what you mean?

I lose pins all the time. I bought about 30 at the beginning of the year, the Amish ones. I can barely find one when I need them. I also lose hair bands. I buy 20 and then next thing you know I can't find a one.

LivingDol1

lol. my bobby pins are always winding up in pockets of various handbags. when i go out, i always throw in a few right before i leave. i think when i switch bags, i forget to take them out. i try to keep them in the containers they come in. i hate buying new ones. i think i keep a box in my desk at work, at home when i visit my parents, and in a few of my handbags...

AwesomelyNappy

hahaha! I must be weird or cheap! I keep my pins in a ziplock bag and when I take my hair down, i make sure to put them in the bag, then put them in my hair bin until next time! The only ones i really lose are the black goody ones (but even those i'm still good with), but my good hair day pins and my amish pins, I keep a tight reign on them! lol I'm like Julies from Everybody Hates Chris, "lost two hair pins (comb, clamp, etc)? Thats $0.15 worth of hair pins!" lol I really only buy new ones when the old ones are stretched out too much.

If anything, I keep finding pins where pins shouldn't be. Like in my purse, makeup bag, under the bed, in my coin purse, in the car drink holder... lol. I think yall missing pins are magically turning up here! lol

SimJam

oooh those hair combs look nice !!!

I also dont know what happens to hair pins, but my cat eats my goody hair bands, so at least I know where THOSE go :(

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm always losing pins. I want to invest in those Good Days Hair pins, but I've never seen them in person. I like ordering online, but I can't really picture how those pins work.

sapphire18

I'm always losing pins. I want to invest in those Good Days Hair pins, but I've never seen them in person. I like ordering online, but I can't really picture how those pins work.

They are actually in the chignon in this photo. You can't see them once you put them in because they are the same color as her hair. They work more like bobby pins than hair pins. The hair pins actually can hold a hair bun in place without a hairband or scrunchy.

empressri

The same place the mate to each pair of socks, earphones and wave clips go.

Or maybe they go to live with Jesus.

Eisani

Good to see my Good Hair Days pins on that website. Speaking of, I bought a pack last week and can't find them now :ohwell:. I stay losing hair accessories and tools.

WyrdWay

There are hundreds of different Good Hair Days combs and pins on Amazon... I was looking at there hair forks a few weeks ago

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

cheryl26

I usually find mine hidden under some hair product bottle or in the washing machine. I'm always losing those, scrunchies and jaw clips.

greenandchic

Somehow they end up under my desk. The rest get thrown out because the tips usually come off of them. I generally have to stock up on hair and bobby pins.

Meemee6223

That's a really good question! If u find out where they go please let me know! I don't even find them when I'm moving furniture around. I'm gonna start counting how many I put in my hair before I leave the house and count how many I take out when I get home. Maybe they just fall out throughout the day...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

MsLi@512

On the darn floor, along the base boards hiding like professional ninjas from me. Sliding off the sink and under the rugs, in the linings of my handbags and on the floor of the car. Those things got serious skills.

Solitude

I'm meticulous about storing mine. I can keep up with a pack for a couple of years. My ex knew that if I dropped one or two at his apartment to store them for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

MariposaSexyGirl

I'm always loosing bobby pins and hair bands. I bought a pack of bobby pins not to long ago and I only have like 4 now. I know I bought myself some hair bands too. I usually only can find the stretched out ones unless I go in my daughters hair box lol.