good day hair pins being discontinued???

naturallyme

today i went into sally's to buy beyond the zone noodle head cream and good day hair pins. i got the noodle head cream which i don't know when i'm going to be using it one day but anyways i had asked the lady that worked in there where are the good day hair pins at and she said they are being discontinued. i thought to myself i really wanted to try using them to make a bun but i guess i can't now. does anyone know about them being discontinued and is there anything else i can use that are simuliar to the good day hair pins besides bobby pins and ponytail holders tia!!!!

Isis

Hmm... I see them all the time at Sally's. About a year ago or so, Sally's did discontinue Good Hair Days pins for a while. Then they decided to sell them again (at a higher price). I haven't heard they are discontinuing them again.

Allandra

I've noticed that alot of Sally BSS no longer carry Good Day Hair Pins. However, they are sold online. I don't think they're being discontinued though. I'll have to recall the site that sells them.

Angelicus

WHen they say "discontinued" that means that the specific store just isn't selling it anymore due to not enough people buying them. Most of the time, retailers have to buy products in bulk. If there isn't a demand for these products, then the specific store won't carry them. I'd call another Sally's or go to a drugstore to see if there are any substitutes. Good luck.

Those hairpins are awesome!!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I called the company that makes good hair day pins last year when I heard the same rumor (they are located here in MA). They told me that they are NOT discontinuing them, Sally's just doesn't want to carry them if the demand is not there. Once I found that out I went to my local Sally's and asked them to order me some. When I did that they started selling them again. Try asking your local Sally's to order some for you. I had to agree to buy at least 4 packs, which I did.

PatTodd

You can always get them at Ulta or ulta.com.

I love these, but I break them , and I'm always afraid that I won't be able to get them again, so next time I plan to buy at leasttwo packs :cool: .

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love me some Good Day Hair pins! Even though I've now cut my hair to a length that makes it difficult to use them, I still love them. They worked when I would try to make my "loose" buns, and I know they will work as my hair gets longer. If they're discontinuing selling them, then I may need to make a trip back up to Sally's and buy another pack.

naturallyme

thanks ladies for responding back. i'm going to check another sally's or ask someone at the sally's that i went to to order me some and i'm going to check out ulta.com to see how much is shipping and handling.

naturallyme

i just called the sally's that i went to last night and the lady told me she can't order them because it has to be a company, and i looked on ulta.com and there shipping and handling is around $5 dollars and something so i wouldn't be ordering online so i'm just going to try another sally's and hope that they have them if not then oh well i can do without them.

LovelyLionessa

I loooove my Good Days Hair Pins. I use them all the time, for bantus, buns and French Twists. I know I have a back-up package just because they are so important in my haircare routine. As an alternative to ordering on-line, I did notice the other day at Walgreens, that Scunci came out with there own knock off version of the pins.