Where do I start?

Jessica Rabbit

I was raised in the Church and definately understand and love God and his awesome power. With that said, I have yet to find a church in the city I am in now. I have tried a coule over the years and get turned off for some reason or another and it takes a while for me to try another. I RARELY read my Bible at home and I want to start now. I mainly pray my way and proclaim that God will work things out even when I feel things won't get better and listen to my Gospel music. What has stopped me in the past and now is that I don't know where to start or what to read. I do't just want to flip it open. I want to have a "purpose" or "direction" when reading. My other issue is prayer. I have trouble because I don't want to seem like I'm just asking for stuff (I'm in a valley right now) or just saying thanks. How do you have a conversation with God and how do you hear him? How do you just let your issues and burdens go and turn them over to God? I know this is a lot and I feel bad for not knowing this stuff, but I have always tried, it just doesn't click for me. Thanks ladies!

mrsmeredith

Jessice we have all been where you are and guess what we still fall short so its ok. Your desire to have a more intimate relationship with GOD and that in itself is awesome. Everything that you said to us, say to him. He will give more than what you ask. Like they say, you can't beat GOD giving, so give him your praise, tithes and time and watch what GOD will do. If you can't say nothing but Lord I love you, do that then praise will rise from your spirit and you will find yourself growing in him. Praise him. Praise him. Praise him. Don't feel bad about where you are because everyone has been there or some place like it. Read psalms 91. I just love that scripture. Basically just start reading psalms or proverbs to learn the heart of GOD. Or use the other poster suggestion. WHatever you do I know GOD will lead the way. :)