Where do you get your curly pudding?

shellzfoshizzle

I'm thinking I want to get some curly pudding. I was looking at missjessies.com website and it says $58. Is that a joke? Do you get an economy size for that price? I ain't paying $58 for some curly pudding. Is there another brand ya'll use? I want something to define some curls and the nine...any recommendations?

balisi

The Curly Buttercreme is what costs $58 and may not define your curls. Curly Pudding itself is $38, no shipping. Have you checked the retail locations for one in your area?

shellzfoshizzle

balisi said:
The Curly Buttercreme is what costs $58 and may not define your curls. Curly Pudding itself is $38, no shipping. Have you checked the retail locations for one in your area?

Yea but even $38 for some pudding?!?! I am not being cheap but I refuse to pay that much. The most I want to pay is say $20. And yes, I checked the retail locations and they do have a salon that sells it in Charlotte, NC.

Are there any cheaper buttercremes or curly puddings of a different brand that work just as well?

Last edited:

balisi

Have you tried BBD Glass Curling Creme? I've shingled my hair with it and it is very comparable to Curly Pudding. Like CP, it comes in a 16oz jar and retails for $19. 16 oz will last you a long time.

caltron

The prices for the Curly Pudding and Curly Buttercreme are just insane.

There are some recipes for Curly Pudding and Curly Buttercreme in the Recipe Forums. I've never tried them, but others like them. Also, for Curly Pudding, I've found that many less expensive hair gels can give you the same effect. I like IC Fantasia with Sparklelites. They don't smell as good as the Pudding, but they provide the same definition.

The BBD Glass sounds really good.

Healthb4Length

balisi said:
Have you tried BBD Glass Curling Creme? I've shingled my hair with it and it is very comparable to Curly Pudding. Like CP, it comes in a 16oz jar and retails for $19. 16 oz will last you a long time.

I've never used BBD Glass but I was going to suggest this as well. Before Curve had their own products they used BBD's Glass, in fact you could only get Glass at Curve's if you lived in the Tri-state area. I'm guessing the BBD's Glass is pretty good and I also heard that Kinky-curly's custard is good too. Here are the links www.BigBadD.com and www.Kinky-Curly.com.

shellzfoshizzle

Alli77 said:
I've never used BBD Glass but I was going to suggest this as well. Before Curve had their own products they used BBD's Glass, in fact you could only get Glass at Curve's if you lived in the Tri-state area. I'm guessing the BBD's Glass is pretty good and I also heard that Kinky-curly's custard is good too. Here are the links www.BigBadD.com and www.Kinky-Curly.com.

Thank you. I'm going to look at those sites now.