Where my frequent washers at?!

I was cowashing 2x/wk and shikakai bar/powder washing 1x/wk. I went last week without the 2 cowashes and my hair and scalp no likey :nono:

I co-wash every other day without fail. On the days that I don't co-wash, I at least spritz my hair with a water/castor oil/leave-in combo. The main point is that some kind of moisture comes in contact with my hair every single day.

Washing frequently is definitely better for me. I accidentally went a couple of weeks of not washing as much as a normally do (got busy), and sure enough the shedding that I used to see when I was washing only 1x a week or every other week, started. Back to every other day...

I've started co-washing my hair everyday about 2 months ago. My hair and scalp LOVE it! I no longer have a dry flakey, scalp and my hair is no longer breaking off because its always moisturized. I love it.

I've started co-washing my hair everyday about 2 months ago. My hair and scalp LOVE it! I no longer have a dry flakey, scalp and my hair is no longer breaking off because its always moisturized. I love it.

Yup same here. I cowash daily and this has worked to stop my breakage cold. Better than any protein treatment I have ever tried. I now know that my breakage was due to lack of moisture not protein.

I wash 2 to 3 times a week with shampoo (always DC after). I either use Joico chelating poo, Joico k-pak color poo or kerastase bain satin 3 poo.Love clean, bouncy hair!

I upped my washing and I have alot more new growth @ 14 weeks. I am washing a mininum of 2x and sometimes 3 times a week. I will be able to see tomorrow when I get a relaxer how much my hair has grown since my last relaxer in March 2010

I co wash 3x now I am going daily I statred yesterday June 4,m 2010 , since I have short hair I can monitore my growth with update . pict at bottom

last year, i started cowashing daily from the 1st of november without fail! and i was getting an inch a month without fail, my hair just thrived. since february this year, i got lazy (maybe the cold winter in Uk), didn't cowash much at all and i can tell the difference and my ends started breaking.
since yesterday, I am back into cowashing daily and we will see if i get the same result!
I will take a pic of my hair tomorrow and compare at the end of April!
I alternate between a moisturising con (bear fruit Hair) and a protein (mill creek biotin) and wash day (wednesday) i use a cleansing con.

Last edited:
g.lo, your post really inspired me. I think I'll co-wash every other day. Maybe I should hop on over to the challenge and post pics.

Back