Where to purchase Dominican conditioners?

Mahalialee4

or is there a site where we can order each of these products? > Especially the Tropical Conditioner and the creme one. (Alterego?) Merci. Bonjour. (If you just post the ingredients, I will owe you BIG TIME! I know there is another thread about this, but still no leads. Bonjour.

BlkMane

Ingredients of Tropical Avocado Hair Conditioning Cream (from the Dominican Republic):

(there is a photo of it on my webpage)

<ul type="square">
[*]demineralized water [*]cetyl alcohol (the good moisturizing kind, not drying) [*]steryl alcohol [*]cetyl trimethyl [*]ammonium chloride [*]propylen glycol [*]glyceryl monostearate [*]oleyl alcohol [*]carrot oil, 'should say Avocado oil' (typo? see Special Note below)[*]fragrance [*]BHA - BHT [*]Metylparaben [*]propyl paraben [*]Yellow FD &amp; C No. 5, Red No. 3 [/list]

Important-- Read:

I've noticed that there is another "Tropical Avocado" conditioner in the same or a simiilar (green jar AND green top) container that is made in VENEZUELA. Upon inspection in the store (I opened it and smelled it), it did not seem to be EXACTLY the same as the Dominican version. I personally can only recommend the Dominican version which is the one I use. Also, the Venezuelan version does not smell as nice to me.

Make sure the jar says: Made in the Dominican Republic in the fine print unless you don't mine using the other version.

SPECIAL NOTE: The Dominican version of the Avocado ACTUALLY says that one of the ingredients is Carrot Oil and does not list Avocado as an ingredient anywhere. (I've noticed this on EVERY SINGLE jar I've ever purchased). If you look at the container of the CARROT version (orange jar) and read the ingredient list, it will list Avocado, but NOT Carrot. Therefore, I've always assumed it was an error and that somehow the text for the jars was switched. Funny they haven't corrected this by now.

Mahalialee4

Muchas gracias, chica. Is there a website or can this be purchased anywhere in the United States? I live in Canada, so chances are......I wanted to do a genuine Dominican roller set, maybe I will try to improvise, lol. Bonjour.

BlkMane

I don't know if you can purchase it on-line. I've never seen it online.

YES! You can use it for conditioner washes. I've used it for this and all the conditioners I've tried, this one was the BEST for conditioner washes. It sort of "suds up" somewhat when you massage it into your scalp.

Carrot

From Naturallycurly.Com:Finally!!
We can get Tropical brand [Dominican] Conditioners (semi)LOCALLY!!!

I think she said they carry three of them: Avocado, Aloe, and Black...

The contact's person is Ms. Tania Pineda of Duane-Reade.

You can place the order via tel:
(212)947-8579 / Ms. Tania Pineda

OR by emailing her directly at the following:
[email protected]

be sure to put :
TROPICAL Brand DOMINICAN CONDITIONER REQUEST
in the subject heading...
They can ship it anywhere in the U.S.

A

AmilLion

Hey, you can find all the DOMINICAN conditioners near my house. I live close to Washington Heights where the highest population of Dominican's life in the COUNTRY!. I find that many of them purchase their products from El Mundo Department store. El Mundo's located on 133rd st. &amp; broadway as well as this hair supply store located on 145th st &amp; Broadway.

Their conditioners are usually the Tropical brand, avacado and etc. Generally, it will be Green, Black or White in color (the conditioner it self). I've also seen the dominicans take, Olive Oil or Coconut oil (maybe any form of oil) and mix it into the conditioner.

JerseyGirl

I went to Duane Reade in Jersey yesterday and found the conditioner in Black what is the difference between Black and Avocado.

Madison

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I've also seen the dominicans take, Olive Oil or Coconut oil (maybe any form of oil) and mix it into the conditioner

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds interesting. BlkMane do you do that?

A

AmilLion

i know it really helped my mothers hair. She had a receeding hairline for years upon years and it's finally growing back.

skyye

I found this Dominican conditioner last month that works very well. It's the Henna Queen Tratamiento de ajo, which is garlic treatment. It's in a white container with black lettering and a black top. It's thick and white and it makes my hair really shiny and I believe it's aided in the growth of my hair. My only issue with it is it smells like pure garlic. There is also a slight smell after you've rinsed, blow dryed and applied other products to the hair. It's not very noticeable, but that's the only problem. It left my hair tangle free, more manageable and very shiny. I have no idea what benefits garlic have for hair, but I now swear by this stuff. My sister, who has thin hair used it and it made her hair appear much thicker than usual and it also came out very shiny. I bought it at hair supply on Westchester Ave in the Bronx. I have no idea which one, but I believe most hair stores in the NYC are probably have it if anyon is interested.

Allandra

I FINALLY got my hands on this product. /images/graemlins/grin.gif One of my friends bought me one back when she visited NYC recently. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. Now if I can only get my hands on some of those other Dominican products. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
From ‘Naturaljoy’ at nc.com:

I order my tropical conditioner online from www.duane-reade.com. The conditioner is not actually featured on the website itself, but if you just click on Shop Online, the next page that comes up will have a special request order form. Just put in Tropical Avocado, Tropical Black or Tropical Aloe Vera Conditioner (these are the only ones they carry) and the quantity, then click add to order to view contents of shopping bag. It won't give you a price at this point. It'll say $ to be determined. They cost around $3.99-$4.49 each.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered all three about two days ago, but I couldn't access the site to tell you guys. /images/graemlins/mad.gif It shipped out today, but I have no idea what my total is...

BlkMane

In reply to:
I've also seen the dominicans take, Olive Oil or Coconut oil (maybe any form of oil) and mix it into the conditioner
that sounds interesting. BlkMane do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mix oils into my QH Cholesterol, but I don't tend to mix any oils into the Tropical Avocado. But, hey, try it!

Billygirl61

Re: Where to purchase Dominican conditioners

In the DC, Maryland/virginia area wuuld be greatly appreciated Thanks Billygirl