which grows more

keke

I dunno if this has been asked already, but does hair grow more if u go w/o a perm or is it better w/a perm?

elite_chiq

Personally i think that hair can grow natural or relaxed.
It all depends on if your hair can handle a relaxer. And if it breaks (natural or relaxed). Basically hair can grow both ways.

Tonya

I thought my hair grew better when I was natural but i have come to realize it grows the same it just requires more attention adn care to keep it from breaking so that u can retain some length with a perm

keke

aah ok, ty Tanya. You answered it how i was tryin to ask it. hehe. Ty u all though. I was thinking maybe it was more the natural way thats what im thinking now but who knows i'll wait and see. I plan on going the rest of this year relaxed then next year, if i can keep it up, to stop doing it for the whole year and just wash it and air it.

kking7777

I think hair breaks less once you grow your hair out natural. However it grows about the same, u just notice your growth more when it is natural because of all the newgrowth and less breakage.

H

honey_jammz82

I have had relaxed hair, and I did aquire a lot of length, but one day I noticed that I had a lot of breakage...long story short, you have to work at taking care of your hair either natural or relaxed but for me natural is an easier way to prevent breakage, but it can be discouraging because the fruits of your labor(length) are not always easy to see. Oh, and since I am a broke college student, it is much cheaper for me too!

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
keke said:
I dunno if this has been asked already, but does hair grow more if u go w/o a perm or is it better w/a perm?

[/ QUOTE ]

For me I think it's the moisture and not 'perm or no perm' . Dry hair is dry hair...and when you don't keep it moisturized the ends break...causing you not to keep any length you gain.

Integrity

Tonya said:
I thought my hair grew better when I was natural but i have come to realize it grows the same it just requires more attention adn care to keep it from breaking so that u can retain some length with a perm

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. i read that the nature of our natural hair, esp. higher types makes them less susceptible to recieve moisture and conditioners cos its all coiled up. BUT hair will grow at the roots no matter what. now keeping it is the challenge and if the hair gets matted and coiled up easily like my natural hair its hard to notice any growth unless i condition it regularly and intensively to detangle and keep it nice and soft.

NOTE TO POTENTIAL 'BLASTERS' I AM ONLY SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE NOT SAYING THAT ALL NATURAL HAIR IS HARD TO TAKE CARE OFF SO PLEASE

pebbles

For me I think it's the moisture and not 'perm or no perm' . Dry hair is dry hair...and when you don't keep it moisturized the ends break...causing you not to keep any length you gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately agree with that.