Which Main N' Tail???

Mama Cita

Okay, this may sound stupid but I am confused by which Mail N' Tail I am supposed to incorperate into my regimine. I know of the one that comes in a white bottle with the blue horses running. I believe that is the one that so many members are talking about getting from Sallys and other BSS but what about the other one from the website for horses? I believe it's Shapley's or something.:confused: It comes in a semi see through bottle with goldish bownish colored stuff. I've seen both talked about on the forum and I would like to know which is the best to use for my hair. Also, if anyone replies could you please explain how it helped/hindered your growth? I have 3b/c hair texture, I dont know if that makes a difference but any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Many people use both products. The one you saw in Sally's is Mane N Tail (a shampoo and conditioner). It comes in the original formual and a deep moisturizing one. I have used this my entire life and I love the way it leaves my hair. The one on the website by Shapley's is called MTG ( Mane & Tail Groom). It was a product made for horses to get there tails to grow fast and long, but now people use it in their hair. If you do a search you will find several threads where women have talked about getting amazing growth from this product(MTG). I myself used to use it but the smell is just too much for me. Hope this helps

a little OT, but Jay how often do you use the Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner? I'm under the impression that it should only be used once a month because it's a protein based product. Is this correct?

TIA

Which formula are you guys using to get those wonderful results?
Original formula or deep moisturizing?

If it's the original formula, what about the conditioner. Since it is a protein do you follow up with a diff moisturizing condish?

Sorry for all the ???.

Thanks.

Mind you I have only used it once

MnT Moist Poo
MnT Orig Conditioner as a rinse out
Moisturizing Conditioner
MnT Orig Cond as Leave in

Depending on how I feel, like maybe this week, I will do an Aphogee Intense Keratin Treatment as well.. Im trying to balance it out the best way I can..

bgsix said:
Which formula are you guys using to get those wonderful results?
Original formula or deep moisturizing?

If it's the original formula, what about the conditioner. Since it is a protein do you follow up with a diff moisturizing condish?

Sorry for all the ???.

Thanks.

Aquamarie said:
a little OT, but Jay how often do you use the Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner? I'm under the impression that it should only be used once a month because it's a protein based product. Is this correct?

TIA

I honesty dont understand the whole too much protein thing. I've used this shampoo my entire life (17 years lol), my mother used in on me and I just use it how she did on me. I wash my hair every 2 weeks so that's when I use the Mane & Tail shampoo & conditioner. I alternate shampoo's, sometimes I use Mane & Tail and sometimes I use Garnier Fructis. I don't know if too much protein is bad for the hair or not as I'm still learning this whole hair thing, but I've never had any problems with my hair. HTH

Back