Which Serum for Flat-Ironing?

Afrodite

I have been looking for a flat iron for about a year and I finally decided to buy the FHI instead of the T3 Tourmaline. I am getting it in the one inch model so I can get closer to my roots. I just started relaxing my hair and I need to work out the timing so I can get the right smoothness. The reason I decided on the FHI instead of the T3 Tourmaline is because a beauty supply store in my neighborhood carries it, therefore, I can just buy it and not have to wait for the iron to be shipped. Now I need to know what every one is using when flat-ironing. I am looking for something that will give me shine and body but something heavy enough to keep my hair from fling away.

Thanks.

aileendq

Hi A,
I have the T3, and I have also used the FHI. The T3 REALLY leaves my hair moisturized. It's worth the wait, in my opinion.

I use a little olive oil (just a little) prior to flat ironing. It's cheap and it leaves my hair moist.

Good luck!

Afrodite

Thank you everyone for your help.

I am going to try Redken Heat Glide, since I will not have to buy it. Do you put the Redken Heat Glide on wet hair or dry?

Aileendy I asked about the T3 but I didn’t get that much information that was going to keep me from buy the FHI since it was in the beauty supply store. I couldn’t decide which one would be the best buy. What size do you have? Where did you get it? What else do you like about the T3 compared to the FHI?

This is such a hard decision.

aileendq

Afrodite,

The FHI fried my ends, simple as that. Oddly enough, I used the T3 and the FHI on the same heat setting (410) but the T3 left my hair MUCH more moisturized. I even tried the T3 without (yeah, it was stupid of me) without a heat protectant to see. My hair was more moisturized using the T3 without a heat protectant than it was with the FHI with one. (I used the same 'poo and cond with both.) I have the 1 and 3/8th size. it's a good middle of the road size. It still lets me get close to the roots and it's wide enough not have to make more than 1 or 2 passes down the hair.

If you have a Sephora near you I would highly recommend at least giving it a couple of tries. Sephora has a very liberal return policy.

The T3's "tourmaline = more ions" is right on the money. (I had the T3 blowdryer first and I like it so much I got the iron.)

The ONLY downside? It's expensive (I can overlook this if it's for the health of my hair) and it's very tempting to use heat more often than I should b/c the results are awesome....

PM me if you have any more questions....

Good luck!

Afrodite

Last night I bit the bullet and brought the T3 1-inch Tourmaline Ionic flat iron at Overstock.com. It was 109.99 plus 1.00 for shipping and handling. They also had others flat iron at discounted prices. I was excited to get the T3 at 49.00 dollars off of the regular price of 160.00.

CynamonKis

Re: Which Serum for Flat-Ironing? (Rave)

Hask Straight Solution deserves a "rave" from me. It kept my flat-ironed hair straight and prevented frizz while I was a carribean cruise recently and it worked better than anything else I have tried. The label states that it protects hair from all damage due to heat styling appliances...it is a hair straightener... shines, smoothes and defrizzes hair even in high humidity...ion-enriched infused, alcohol free.