SOOOO did we come to an agreement????

Koffie

After searches and 5011 views of ceramic iron opinions, I STILL don't know which flat iron is the best of choice. Will some one PLEASE help me???:confused:

I even researched Chi, Fhi, Sedu, Maxiglide, T3 Tourmaline, and Hai, yet still NOTHING! Should I just give up on my quest, save ma' money and stick to the cheapo flat iron that I already have? :ohwell:

so1913

Koffie said:
After searches and 5011 views of ceramic iron opinions, I STILL don't know which flat iron is the best of choice. Will some one PLEASE help me???:confused:

I even researched Chi, Fhi, Sedu, Maxiglide, T3 Tourmaline, and Hai, yet still NOTHING! Should I just give up on my quest, save ma' money and stick to the cheapo flat iron that I already have? :ohwell:

Just a few things to keep in mind...

Keep in mind that many of us may have only used ONE out of all the irons you've listed, so it's hard for us to say which is the best. I may say I have a Chi and love it (I don't), so I'll say it's the best. Someone else may have only used a Maxiglide and say that's the best. Also keep in mind that we all have different hair textures that will not respond the same way to a particular iron. What works great for one person may end up being great for you.

Read up, compare features, narrow down your choices. Keep an eye open for negative reviews to help narrow down further, look at your price range. Ultimately, you just have to pick one and hope for the best. There's no guarantee that the one you pick is "the best", it's all chance...but hopefully with the knowledge you've gained from your research, the chances of you picking a great iron for YOUR hair will be highly probable:-D

On that note, I'm not sure there's much more we can tell you other than the reviews and recommendations already given.

Good Luck!

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
i agree.

perhaps you will get better results if you started a poll with allt he names if the irons you are interested in. having one set location to specify what iron you like and make comments is the best way to get a group opinion. and people who dont feel like writing out their review for the 100th time can also participate, even if its just by clicking a button to vote int he poll.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Koffie, what do you consider great qualities in a flat iron? I've seen several threads about good flat irons to use. It will be hard for the LHCF to come up with the one best flat iron because the ladies here use all different types of flat irons which they may think are the best for their hair. So when you do your research on a flat iron, write out the specific qualities you're looking for beforehand, and see which flat irons you find match those qualities. But if the cheapo flat iron you have now is working for you, you should stick with it. If not, then look for a better investment. Hope that helps.

WesternEyes

Personally I like my Jilbere. It's less expensive($40) and I love the way it makes my hair feel. It's easy to use and really gets every inch of my hair silky straight. The only problem with this iron is that when used too much, the ceramic part starts to chip off. Even when it does that, it still straightens well. I also have the FHI. I like it, but not as well as the Jilbere. I haven't really used it to solely straighten my hair so I cannot be too sure of it's results. The FHI cost more though, i paid like $100 for it. So i don't know about the best flat irons, sometimes it just takes some experimenting to find the right one for your hair. That may cost a little money though.:(

Allandra

I have a Jilbere mini ceramic flat iron. I don't use it often at all, but when I do, it gets the job done. On top of that, it's inexpensive. For me, investing in an expensive ceramic flat iron wouldn't be worth it because I don't use a flat iron very often. Hmph. I haven't even pulled out my Jilbere in a few months. :ohwell:

Shatani

Koffie said:

do you have a hair twin??? cuz i think the best place to start to get that question answered is with her (or them)....thats what i do when selecting products and thats what i did when choosing my flat iron....if i see it work on someone whose hair is similar to mine, i know it has a good chance of working on me....