Which way - Color/Relax or Relax/Color?

KinksnCurlz

I guess the heading is self explanatory, huh?

Whichever way it needs to be done, how long in between should I wait? AND is it the same for highlights? (BTW, I mean permanent color with booster to lighten) Thanks ladies.

UmSumayyah

I have heard (read in hair mags I think, that one should "color a relaxer, never relax a color" and to wait two weeks in between. I'm sure someone else will weigh in though.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
I have heard (read in hair mags I think, that one should "color a relaxer, never relax a color" and to wait two weeks in between.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right
. I try to wait about 3 weeks to color after relaxing. You should NEVER color right before a relaxer.
Permanent color weakens/dries out the hair, and then to put a relaxer on top of that could be a recipe for disaster.
(ESPECIALLY if you're talking about highlights)

rayne

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
I have heard (read in hair mags I think, that one should "color a relaxer, never relax a color" and to wait two weeks in between.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right
. I try to wait about 3 weeks to color after relaxing. You should NEVER color right before a relaxer.
Permanent color weakens/dries out the hair, and then to put a relaxer on top of that could be a recipe for disaster.
(ESPECIALLY if you're talking about highlights)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, same here
And if you color first, you can strip some of the color out when you relax it.