Who braids their own hair here?

Tonya

I have once and I am thinking about doing it when I return from a short vacation next week. What methods do you guys use? I generally start with my edges and fill in the center. That way if I need to stop and do something else I can always pull it back into a ponytail. How do you ladies ensure your parts are neat? I simply use a clip to braid so that I do not have that box look going on. How do oyu make sure your braids are all the same size? I am still working on this one? I am so excited about this.

I do my own braid. I haven't done micro though. I've only done medium brainds (aka Janet Jackson or Jamaican braids). I just go by gutt feeling. I touch it to see if it feels the right size. That method works great for me so far.

I usually do my own braids but I was lazy and paid someone this time around. I usually end up with little boxes as parts and I use a rattail comb to keep it neat.

You just have to practice to make sure they are the same size. Usually after I have done about 2-3 braids I have got the sizing down pact.

Good Luck and make sure to post pics!!

Thanks for your responses...DSD I am going to check out your Bun album...Ia m going to try that too...I am excited about this little bit of hair I have over here.

I usually do my own, and I also just feel for size. Keep practicing Tonya; you'll get the hang of it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I usually start at the back and work my way forward. I wear hats or wraps while I complete the rest of my hair. If I've done a good chunk of my head, I'll usually let my braids them hang out ie show to give the impression that my whole head's done, and I just felt like sporting headwear.

Well that would work if I did them on the weekend only....we can not wear scarves in our office. Nonie...you got pics?

Tonya,
I do my own braids /images/graemlins/weird.gif, I start in the front and work my way towards the back, when I get to the middle I braid it in one big braid and start the sides and back in case I have to go out, I can pull it up in a ponytail. I use a rat tail comb to part and to keep the individual braids neat and no other hair attached, I use the snap pins that you use to hold the roller in a roller set. I use alot of these to keep the other hair out of my way while I am braiding each braid. Does this make sense /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif?

It is best to do your own braids because two other ladies on my job got braids also they took them down when I took mine down and their hair did not grow like mine /images/graemlins/nono.gif Instead their ends is all broken up and edges gone or thin.
If you don't do them yourself make sure the person who does care about the health of your hair! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well that would work if I did them on the weekend only....we can not wear scarves in our office. Nonie...you got pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics of what, my braids or my headwear dos?

Tonya, sorry I haven't got many braid pics. I always thought that since I wore them all the time, there'd be plenty of chances to take pics. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I did post the few pics I had on the thread Natural Hair and Conservative/Corporate Workplace.

I'm currently sporting twists and loving them. But I'm sure I'll wear braids again someday. And I'll make a point to take pics that time around. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nonie can u braid my hair??? Ok maybe practice will make me HALF as good as you! Thanks so much for the inspirational pictures. I needed that!!

Back