who does conditioning washes?(poll)

I condition wash 3x a week with either vo5 conditioners, daily defense tender apple conditioner, or suave professional humectant conditioner. I put oil moisturizer& jojoba oil in hair, put some coconut grease on the ends, gel the edges, put hair in bun, and tie hair down w/ a scraf for about 30 mins and I'm ready to go!

I like your method licutie!
I'm curious to know how long it takes people from start to finish - since it seems most of you do this before work in the morning.

CCD, I don't measure my hair, but when I first started in Mar. my hair was just above my shoulders, not quite touching. Now it about 4 inches past my shoulders.
Keewee, I got my coconut oil on-line. I'm sorry, I forgot which company. But it has to be pure and unrefined. Do a search, you should find lots of info on coconut oil and where to find it.
~Divanrare4m~

[ QUOTE ]
keewee said:
where do you get your coconut oil from? <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I buy my coconut oil form whole foods market. It is refined organic coconut oil. The brand is spectrum naturals.

divanrare WOW....that's alot of growth!!! i'm debating starting only because i need to relax now (going on 9th week post ) maybe I can try it for a few weeks so I can extend my relaxing time.......thanks guys
smile.gif

I'm natural and I do conditioner washes about 1-2 a week with V05 strawberries/cream, blueberries/cream or the orange. During the summer I did co washes everyday.

ccd, I just wanted to say that your hair is absolutely gorgeous.

I do conditioner rinses almost daily in the morning and shampoo once a week. I put my hair in a bun afterwards and slap a scarf on it and a hat on top of that and off to the metro. Then scarf and hat comes off while at work and I get that a little wave action for my new growth.

[ QUOTE ]
joyous said:
I'm natural and I do conditioner washes about 1-2 a week with V05 strawberries/cream, blueberries/cream or the orange. During the summer I did co washes everyday.

ccd, I just wanted to say.......

thank you

ok , i am new to this board so please bear with me but i ahve a few questions about the c/o washes....
1. y do you guys c/o wash?
2. y so often?
3. does this promote growth?
4. y not wash your hair?
5. doesnt all the manipulation cause hair loss?
thnx in advance to all the responses, cause i am kinda lost here, i wanna know maybe i will put this into my regimne...

from what I've read here and elsewhere, its a way to moisturize your hair daily. Replenishing the moisture with the best moisturizer (water) then sealing it with some type of oil/moisturizer. Shampooing strips your hair of its natural oils and since they do it daily that would be tooo much. They want to keep the moisture in, continually. Yes it seems to promote growth for many members here. They just manipulate the scalp not the actual hair...they "clean" the scalp with the conditioner and manipulation

hope that helps a little, maybe those that do them will clarify more.......

look at this:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...9398&amp;Forum=,,f2,,&amp;Words=
Conditioning%20washes&amp;Searchpage=2&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=218712&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=&amp;daterange=0&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=3&amp;oldertype=w#Post219398&amp;bodyprev=

you can also try to do a search

what type of coconut oil do you use on your hair? i've been looking and looking for some good coconut oil but can't find it nowhere.

If I don't do it every day, I'll do it every other day. I don't know why but my new growth isn't kinky anymore ever since I started doing the washes
look.gif

I condition wash everyday either with garnier 3 min masque or pantene r&amp;n. since i have short hair i like to wear it curly so i add this cheap aloe vera curl gel to my hair to define my curls. I dont notice a lot of hair prolly cuz they're so short but prolly as it gets longer i'll notice more shedding. When my hair does eventually grow more ill con wash every other day because my hair takes a while to dry as it is.

[ QUOTE ]
BLESSED1 said:
If I don't do it every day, I'll do it every other day. I don't know why but my new growth isn't kinky anymore ever since I started doing the washes
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here
smile.gif

I'm going to do a CW tomorrow night to see if it's something I want to add to my regimen. I keep reading too many wonderful things about them.

I DID THEM ABOUT 3 X PER WEEK WHEN I FIRST STARTED MY NEW HAIR REGIME... NOW I HAVE SLACKED BIG TIME!

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:
I tried the con wash thing for 3 days and HATED it. My poor scalp I couldnt stop scratching. Maybe I was doing something wrong cos so many people like them. My hair needs shampoo I think. For the last 6 weeks i have been washing my hair everyday -- it has never looked better and it is growing.

hair 3c

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. I only con washed once and not only did my scalp itch, but my whole head just felt dirty. And I thought I did a really good con wash! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, I might try it again this weekend. That way if it doesn't come out right, I can shampoo right away! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

not me!

I tried them when i first heard about them back in May. But I stopped because I wasn't seeing any benefit of doing so. I think it made my hair thicker, but my hair was also drier and I had build up on my scalp. I used Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner at the time. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I cw my hair with Suave coconut conditioner when I first take out my braids. I wait a week, then I do my protein cond/shampoo/moisturizing cond and rebraid my hair...

POOH, DID IT GIVE YOU THE APPEARANCE OF THICKER HAIR, OR FEEL OF THICKER HAIR???? OR DID IT ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR STRANDS THICKER???

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I do conditioner rinses almost daily. I put my hair in a bun afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I did them daily when I typed this post (last year). /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Now I hardly do them. I'm even down to washing my hair once a week.

Back