Question About Clarifying for the Daily CO Washers

Cincysweetie

Hello! :wave: I started doing daily co washes (daily for me is around 3-5 CW/week) about a month and a half ago and my hair loves it! I typically use Suave Milk and Honey for my co washes, and then another, heavier conditioner for my weekly shampoo washes. I started doing the daily co washes when I got back into working out, and I've found that the frequent co washes and the fact that I sweat heavily at least 5 days/week requires me to clarify more often. So, just out of curiosity....for those of you who do daily co washes or workout heavily, how often do you clarify? And, what conditioners do you use for your co washes and your shampoo washes?

deedabug

i wouldnt use milk and honey personally for co washes...i use it as light protein when deep conditioning...i dont really think about clarifying as much...but i think anything with some acidity to it is good...apple cider vinegar...lemon....or even some baking soda...diluted...if u like...the lemon i squirt on straight....also if u can find some conditioners with citrus to it works good for me...i.e. vo5 kiwi lime squeeze

Divine Inspiration

Hey Cincy! I don't do daily CO washes. I do them about once a week (when I get 6-10 weeks post relaxer) in addition to a poo/deep condition. However, I do work out every other day so I have to poo it on up to keep the salt & sweat out of my hair. I started clarifying every other week and it's been workin out REALLY well. I usually poo & DC on Sat or Sun and CO on Wed.
I know there are some ladies here who CO washing religously and they may have some insight on buildup from daily CO washing, but as far as the combination of working out & CO washing, you may need to clarify weekly.

good2uuuu

I also workout almost daily and clarify when my hair starts acting funky. I CO wash daily. I shampoo once a week. I use SUave products to co wash. I calify with acv. I doa 1/4 cup acv to 4 cups water and pour over before final conditioning.